(62)

"Hello love," He kisses my forehead as I place our dinner on the table. "Smells good in here."

I smile, looking up, I get on my toes to kiss him.

He's home.

"Hi." I brush my nose against his. Inhaling his scent and hugging him.

I pull away and meet his blue eyes. "I missed you."

"I missed you." He whispers. "You look lovely, Mrs. Shelby." He mentions the silk blush robe I've got on.

I blush. "Thank you. Come sit, I made all of your favourites for dinner."

"Steak and greens.l." His eyes light up at the table, he faces the kitchen and inhaled. "And you're baking banana bread?"

"Yup." I nervously turn to the table. "Sit!"

Thomas sits at the table and undoes his tie, he exhales, watching me with excitement. He puts his hands on the table and rolls his wedding ring with around his finger, eyeballing me.

"Tell me how your day was." I suggest, making my way to the kitchen. I fetch two cups and make my way back to the connecting dining room.

"My day..." His eyes follow mine. Dark and filled with intent. He might jump at any moment, "The way your body is moving under that robe makes it very distracting to answer your question." He squirms and clears his throat.

I fill with joy. He likes it! Haha!

"I should probably take it off." I playfully respond.

His eyes darken. "You should."

"Too bad I'm cold." I wink at him before sitting down.

His eyes roam my face, my neck, my collar bones, he smirks at the deep line to my robe that leads to my breasts. The bra I wear shows. "Is that lace I see?" His voice is a mere whisper.

I cover up, blushing. "None of your business. Eat." I mention the food on the table.

He stares at me once more before blushing. My. It's a sight to see him blush. My heart pounds in my chest.

"So, what did you get around to doing today? I saw the bags upstairs." He mentions my shopping bags.

I break into a grin. "Your sister and I went on quite the shopping spree."

"Good." He picks up his glass of wine. "Although, I thought Maggie and you were going to spend the day together."

"We did, but she left in hurry." I stop chewing and look at him, Thomas continues to eat. Cutting and popping the steak into his mouth. "Maggie and I were having a great day together until it got kind of dark. She was talking about her son who died and she seemed really upset." Thomas listens, nodding.
I cut a piece and stop, "I should probably send her a sorry card. We were talking about babies, and, did you know she had two? I've never seen her that way before. It's like she just shut off. She left abruptly once we bumped into Ada." I blink at the memory.

"No." He chews slowly, his eyes narrow. "We did checks on her, and I'm pretty sure it said she had no kids."

Worry settled in his face.

I try to ease the tense conversation. "Huh. Well, one of her sons died and-"

"Do me a favour, and don't let her come near you until I talk to Charlie about this, ey?"

"Thomas-" I put down my fork.

This escalated very fast.

"I'm being serious. Listen to me, please." He's mad.