(53)

When I awake, he's curled around me like a vine. Thomas's large body spread out all over me. His hand is by my ear, and his other hand is looped in between my legs as though he wanted to pick me up or something. His hair is in my face, and I think maybe that's why I woke up. He sleeps peacefully though, mouth open and all. His head sits comfortably between my breasts and his legs spalled out.

I look outside to see the sun breaking through the clouds, the idea of London makes me smile. Rolling my fingers up and down his back, I listen to Thomas's soft breaths.

I turn my head after noticed something bright on the nightstand, I look at the beautiful array of roses. About fifty roses sit in a large vase on my nightstand, I look at the note that reads in his handwriting:

Happy first anniversary, I love you more than words could ever express

Yours forever,

Thomas Shelby

I nearly melt at his words, my cheeks burn.

Holy shit. It's been a year since we got married? My cheeks burn. A year?! And I don't even have anything planned, I didn't even remember that this day a year ago, we were saying I do to each other. Shit.

I frown, remembering the plan for today. Today, I will have dinner with Thomas and his new workmate, Oswald Mosley. Was I looking forward to dinner with a fascist? Can't say so, but I was excited to share a meal with a madman, but I was excited. It always excited me meeting Thomas's workmates, he was a different man around them. More than anything, I loved how much people praised him. It was cute to see my husband so well respected.

I remember Maggie for some reason, the old woman who wanted to help me. Oh, I was so mean to her, I do remember that, all too well. I do need to send her flowers again, unless... She's coming today to help me.

Physiotherapy, a more holistic approach to tending to the injured.

Being so active in Birmingham, I felt my limbs more sore than usual. The walk alone to Jacob's grave made me pretty exhausted. I didn't use my body like that in a long time. And wow, having sex, I mean, real, physical sex was - although mind blowing, so fuckking exhausting. I felt like I had ran a marathon after being intimate with Thomas!

The thought of me running a marathon does make me laugh, and before I know it, Thomas is rolling off of me. He falls on his side of the bed, where he cuddles the pillow. I get lonely and cuddle him, spooning him.

He grabs my hands that rest around his chest and pulls me off of him. I can't help but wince.

I bite on his shoulder, smirking. I inhale his scent and moan. "Wake up..."

He exhales. "Please, a little more."

"Nooo." I'm persistent.

Thomas finally rolls over and we're nearly nose to nose. His hand rests on my hip, he looks at me, smiling. "Morning," His voice is raspy, deep. "Happy anniversary, wife."

"Good morning." I grin. "And you too, husband."

"You're happy this morning."

I giggle, "Am I not this ray of sunshine every morning?"

He rolls his eyes.

I giggle again and comb a hand through his hair, the ends that aren't shaved are getting very long.  "You need a trim."

"Do I?" He's extremely playful even though I've just woken him up.

"Mmmmhmm." I reply.

I gaze into his eyes, the softest, most beautiful baby blues. I drop my hand from his hand and move my fingers down his face, my nails are long, and as my fingers move around his features, I can't help but smile noticing him smile under my touch.