(43)

The sun goes down and we zip through the Birmingham streets. Small Heath. Tommy was different here. He sat up straight as he drove, watched his surroundings more.

His hand wasn't in my lap as he drove, he had both hands on the wheel. Where he was sure about his gun that sat in the glove compartment. And sure, this was his city, but after what happened to my brother and I, the empire around him crumbled. Why? Well, he had to take care of me. And with taking care of me, meant he had to let go of the tight leash he had on the city. He once told me that his brother had fucked around too much, said he wasn't a good leader for the company. I felt really guilty when Tommy told me that.

"You alright?" I ask, nothing as he sits up and grits his teeth.

He smiles once noticing me, "Oi! Didn't I say to put on the blindfold?"

I laugh, I've been caught! I play with my cane, the head of the lion stares back at me. "Yes, but it was making my eye makeup rub off."

"You bugger." He chuckles. "Well now you know where I'm taking you."

"I do not!" I protest, even though, I most definitely do.

I look out the window and see the corner where Jacob and I used to purchase snow. I wonder if Margret and her three children still live in that dainty house beside us. I look out the window and see the spot where Tommy stood, at the foot of our porch smoking. He had walked me home, and I had said goodnight. Only to see him the next day.

I blushed and shook my head once we park outside of my home. I look at Tommy and helplessly reach over to kiss his cheek. "You've taken me here!"

He puts his arm over my body, "I've got a surprise for you inside."

"Are you still paying rent?"

I thought for sure he'd give the house away or something.

"Of course I am." He nods. "This place may not mean a lot to me," He combs a hand through my hair, his eyes a sincere blue. "But I know this place is where you called home. For you and your brother." He nods behind me towards the house. "And whatever you cherish, I cherish."

His words melt me into a puddle. "Even if it's a small house that you once yelled at me about?" I tease him and lean in, kissing his lips lightly.

He rolls his eyes. "Yes."

"Well thank you for taking me here."

"Do you want to go inside?"

I bite on my bottom lip. Do I!

"Come on then." He nudges and I open the door to the car.

I grab my cane and wait for Tommy to meet me on the sidewalk, and when he does, he holds my hand. I get rather excited and squeal, I can't believe he's continued to pay for the house knowing that we don't live here.

We take those steps to get to the front door, and Tommy pulls out the keys. He stands beside me, and swiftly unlocks the door. He doesn't enter, but rather, swings open the door for me. I look up at him and meet those eyes, I can see with the corner of my eye, red scattered all over the floor alongside candles. Instantly, my heart burns up and bubbles with this warmth. Love. I love this man.

His fingers brush the side of my face, "I love seeing you happy, Jade."

"I love you so." I whisper, before getting on my toes to kiss him gingerly.

Once I step inside, my eyes widen to see that there are rose petals scattered all over the ground. I walk over the silk petals, and note the candles that dance around the room. My eyes widen to see the beautiful array of flowers that are on the table in the dining room. Everything's been furnished, and I can't help but feel emotional about this entire situation. Tommy, my husband, has outdid himself yet again.

I cover my hands over my mouth and turn around, "Thomas-"

I grasp once seeing him on his knee, he looks up at me and bares a ring box. My eyes water the second I see him.

"Jade-"

"Holy shit."

He chuckles at my remark, "Jade, when I asked you to marry me, I didn't know what the fuck I was doing. All I knew was that I wanted to protect you from the world. I wanted to keep you safe." He grits his teeth and swallows, "I wanted to fight, fight for you, your love, you. No one else."

"Jesus Tom-" I blink, and tears roll from my eyes.

"And you agreed, for your safety, to get married to me. And for fuck sakes, I still don't understand why you went through with that." He smiles, "I remember, when I asked you to marry me, you said you wanted flowers, the ring, and above all, you wanted to be in love."

Holy hell.

"Jade, I know we haven't been doing things the right way, but who's to say we can't start? Ey?" He whispers, looking into my eyes. "Don't cry, you're going to make me cry."

I laugh, and wipe my eyes. "I'm sorry."

"Jade Shelby, I know you're already my wife, but, will you take my hand, and be my wife again. The right way, this time. With the flowers, and the romance, the fuckin' ring?"

He rattles the ring box, sounds empty, which only makes my heart leap for a second time.

"Yes!" I wave my hands towards him, "Oh my God! Yes! A million times."

He blushes and gets up, Tommy embraces me and we kiss for a long meaningful beat. I get lost in his lips, no, I get lost in his arms and body. My tears mix with his, our tongues touch. Even as we stand in the middle of my living room, I can feel my body burning to go to my bedroom. Yes! There it is, that burning ache and desire, she's awaken. Finally.

I drop my cane as Tommy grabs a handful of my arse, he lifts me off the ground and devours his mouth into my neck. I moan, proclaiming my love for him over and over again. I don't allow the time to think things through, so I go for the kill and pull my head back. "Did you get rid of my bed?" I ask in a haze.

He drags his tongue up the naps of neck and kisses my chin and mouth. "Huh?"

"Tommy, baby,"

He moans as a response and I nearly lose it. I feel his cock through his pants and flutter my eyes shut.
I want this man.

"Jade," he pleads, as my fingers drape over the cloth dividing him and I.

"Tommy," I brush my nose against his. "I want you so bad..."

He moans, before kissing me hard. My fingers began shaking, Tommy grabbed my fingers and stopped immediately. "Jade, you're trembling."

"Um." I was embarrassed. Perhaps I shouldn't have sex with my husband. "I know I think it's the adrenaline."

"We don't have to do this..."

"I-I want to." I sound like an idiot, my voice, a whimper. "Tommy, I love you."

"I know you love me. I just care about you. A lot."

"Tommy, I'm okay."

"Promise you'll tell me if you don't like the way-"

"I don't like what you're doing right now, if I'm being completely honest." I tease, but am being truthful as well. This is making things awkward.

He nods and lays me down gently. I watch as he kisses my chest, his hands slowly pull down my knickers from my dress. "Well then, let me have my way with you first."

"No," I whisper, shaking my head. "Just, fuck me."

He laughs against my belly button, "I want to torture you, just like how you've tortured me Mrs. Shelby."