(35)

PREVIOUSLY ON FIRE & ICE...

Thomas pulls me back from Jacob's side. I fall into his arms, as he carries me upstairs. I stir in his comforting touch.

"Shh, it's me, Jade. It's just me, dear."

"You're back," I rub my eyes, resting my head into his chest. "I fell asleep."

He smells so good, he's back. My heart sits in the comfort of knowing he's ok. He's here.

"Thats ok, love." He replies. "Did you meet Marie?"

"Mmm, shes a lovely woman." I hide myself by snuggling into his chest. "How was your day?"

"Stressful and long."

I hear our door click open. I ask Thomas to put me down and he does. He heads towards the bed, undoing his shoes and unbuttoning his shirt.

"Tell me about it?" I ask, growing nervous by his blood stained knuckles. "Your day I mean.."

He sighs. "Jade, we found Oliver."

"What?!" I shriek. I get on my knees and look up at Tommy. "You did?"

"I wish there was more to say Arthur found him, I lost it the second I saw him. Had to have three men pull me off of that prick."

"Oh my..."

"You just don't have to worry about him." He takes my hands and kisses my knuckles. "He won't hurt you again."

I frown, watching as he pushing a strand of my hair from my face. He rests palm against my cheek, examining me.

"Thank you." I tell him honestly. It's like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.

Now, to tell him the lie I've been brewing, I get up to stand and walk towards the mirror, I look at myself in the mirror trying to keep my calm. "Tommy, I'm not pregnant."

"Fuck." He smiles sadly at me, his eyes moving from from one of my eyes to the next.

"I thought maybe," Tommy lowers his head, "I thought you were pregnant. That would have been good news, ey?"

"Tom-" I walk up to him, standing over him, his head falls in my stomach, he weakly wraps his arms around my body. His fingers resting on the small of my back. "I love you so much." He mumbles.

"I love you so much."

"I'm sorry to hear this." Tommy Shelby sounds heartbroken. "You know I love you, don't you?"

"Of course I do, Tommy."

"Good." He loosens his tie. "I'm going to bathe and then go to sleep, will you come with me?"

I nod, "Of course."

• • •

"Jade," Tommy wakes me up.

"Where are you going?" I awake in the morning to his soft kisses.

I squint, wondering if I'm really seeing him fully clothed in the morning. Perhaps I'm dreaming?