(49)

When I wake up, Jade is asleep on the couch across from me. She's got her mouth open, drooling like she hasn't gotten a care in the world. I smile, feeling the duvet over me and get up to place it over her. My body cracks and groans as I get on my feet, I feel a little groggy from the alcohol, but Jade's told me to ease off of the booze. Have I listened? Nope.

I notice the dribble covering the pillow she's laying on. She must be having a damn good sleep, Jade never dribbles. As I gently cover her body with the duvet, I can't help but still watching her stir. She reaches her arm out once I cover her body, she grabs me. The woman's always had great reaction time. Her long nails claw into my arm before our eyes meet. She lets go of me.

"Tommy?" Her eyes meet mine as she purses her lips. "What is it?"

"Nothing." I whisper, "I just wanted to put the blanket on you."

"Oh." She replies sitting up, Jade wipes her eyes. "I was having a nightmare."

I can't help but frown. She looks absolutely flustered but so beautiful. Her hair is all over her face, and she has a wet mouth that she doesn't acknowledge yet. I help her to sit up, realizing how dazed she really was. Her dress rides up her thighs. My eyes trickle back up to hers, I sit beside her.

She yawns and accidently swipes at the corner of her mouth. Jade touches her hand to her mouth and blushes, "Gross." She remarks, but I'm already taking my shirtsleeve and wiping her drool away.

She stops breathing, watching me as I clean up after her. I smell her wonderful scent and want to lean in to kiss her, but I stop myself. A question that's been on my mind flows out of my mouth, "Do you want to go back to London?"

She sits back on the couch and sighs. She stares at me, as if to see if I can handle what she's about to say. If she's dreamt well, as she says, why couldn't I handle it. "Of course I do, I fucking hate it here." Jade's eyes meet mine again, "But I want to stay wherever you are." She leans in and rests her hand on her thigh, "I need to tell you somethin'..."

She licks her lips, and I can't help but notice that they go more pink. I swallow, looking at her.

"Tommy, I had a dream about my uncle."

I immediately sit up, unsure of what the fuck she's talking about. "Wait your uncle who-"

"Yes." She nervously plays with her fingers, "I need to tell you about him and I."

I look at her, and immediately feel that she'll tell me the things that I have only wondered about. That moment will always be ingrained in my mind, the memory of her begging me to take her away from her uncle who was a wedding guest. How silent she was in the car, when I took her on our little honeymoon.

I put my hand on top of hers and force myself to smile small. I want to reassure her that everything will be okay.

"Um, when my mum died, it was only my uncle and me, and Jacob." She stares me in my eyes, studying me, and my movements. "It was tough, for all of us, and Jacob was pretty absent for the most part, you know, boys." She chuckles, looking down now, "He would just go out with his friends, my uncle would allow him, but me?" She scoffs, raising her head back up, "My uncle wanted me home everyday before sundown, no questions had to be asked. It was my uncle and I for long periods of time, and it started out strange and never got better..."

"Jade,"

Her eyebrows pull together, like she's trying not to cry, "He'd hurt me, Tommy..." Her bottom lip trembles and all I can feel for her is immense pain. "He'd kiss me, and touch me, and I knew it was wrong but he'd always tell me that if I screamed or told anyone he'd kill Jacob and I. He would hurt me, use a coat hanger to punish me..."

Her eyes, her goddamn eyes drilled into the very core of me, I couldn't muster seeing her cry. I rushed to wipe the tear that spilled from her eye.

"He told me no one would ever want me." Jade breaks into a small laugh, she shakes her head, "And for a long time, I was dumb enough to believe him. He made me feel small, like I wasn't enough."

"Oh, Jade. I'm so sorry."

"I'm better now, once I met you. You've made me feel so happy, Tommy."

I pressed a hard kiss against her temple. "You've made me happy too." Words can't describe how happy.

"Thank you for telling me." I state, a rush of emotions fills me. My throat closes up at the thought of her being harmed by her uncle. That bastard has another thing coming his way if he dares try to enter her life.

She gave me one small smile, and I slip my hands around her body, my lips claimed hers in a scorching kiss. She resisted for a second, freezing up before melting into me. Her chest crashed into mine, and all I had to offer her was my love. I wrapped my arms tightly around my woman, and made damn sure she knew that she was cherished. That she was enough.

There was a burning heat between us that blazed. I couldn't get closer to her, until she got on her knees and straddled me. I let my hand trail down to her thighs, I moaned into her mouth as her fingers slipped beneath my shirt, she pressed her cold fingers into my heated skin. With the contact, Jade's kisses became more passionate. I tasted her, my eyes rolled back, I could feel myself getting carried away.

"I should stop." I whispered against her mouth.

She hooked her legs around my waist and pulled me into her. She found that spot at the corner of my jaw, just below my ear and kissed me there. She grazed my senestive skin with her teeth, and I hissed in response.

Her lips returned back to mine, "Just hold me."

So I do, I hold her.

I hold her until she falls asleep in my arms, and I wait for when she wakes up to hold her again, and again...