(59)

An: I know peeing in a cup is tots modern but in 1929 doctors did a study that found that if you inject a rat with a *suspecting* pregnant woman's urine, the rat acts differently (because the urine has more estrogen) but let's just go w the flow pls n thanks 😊

When I was young, maybe seven or so, my mum grabbed me by the shoulders as I was walking to my room and pulled me into her arms. It was strange, she never hugged me, but feeling her arms wrap around me was such a foreign, wonderful feeling. I stilled in her arms, she was warm. Mum was tiny though, I could wrap my arms around her twice, she was that thin. But so warm.

In this moment, with the doctor looking down at me, I felt my mothers protection around me. Her arms so tight, I could fall asleep in her arms.
She had me then, and she still has me now.

Dr. Milok enters the room with a straight lip. He doesn't look happy, nor sad. I'm nearly certain I'm not pregnant, I think he'd break into a smile. The door shuts and he stands straight.

"Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Shelby." He grins widely, "The test was positive, you're pregnant!"

I look up at Thomas who grins widely. I feel my heart beat throughout my body.

"I'm pregnant?"

"Yes, love." He smiles.

I stand and we hold each other tightly. I sigh in his arms, a baby.

He kisses my skin, "A baby, Jade."

I breathe tucking my head into his neck. "Oh Thomas," I whisper.

Dr. Milok smiles when we face him. "I'm very happy for you two. Congratulations!"

Thomas smiles. "Thank you,"

He nods. "The pleasures mine. Mrs. Shelby, I suggest you come back in a month, I can't give you a certain answer on how far along you are but I would say you're within the first trimester still. In a month, come back and we will find a heartbeat and determine how far along you are."

We agree that in a months time, I'll be back in the room with dr. Milok.

Finally, once Thomas and I are alone, does he lift me up into his arms and twirl me around. The sensation is surmountable to the feelings inside of me. I'm giddy, and excited... and pregnant!

With my arms wrapped around Thomas, I kiss him passionately. We bask in each other's arms, and I become desperate to go home and spend the rest of the day with him.

"I'm so happy." He says softly, tightening his arm around me.

Tears start to trickle down my face, tears of upmost joy.

He tilts back my chin, "You happy?" His thumb wipes away my tears.

I sniffle, nodding. "I was scared, and then I was nervous, but now I'm overjoyed." I hug him again and kiss his neck. "You'll be the best father to our child. Gentle and sweet." I pull back and blush up at him. "You'll be so good, Tommy."

"And you'll be the most loving mum" He wraps his arms around me and kisses the top of my head. "With so much to offer, and so much patience."

Hearing him say that makes my eyes water again.

"You'll teach 'im to be brave, and strong."

I look up to find Thomas's eyes watering too. He looks down and smiles small at me.

"I love you." He tells me. "I love you with every ounce of my being, Jade."

"I love you," I bring my lips to his ear. "Take me home."