• 1 •

Friday morning.

Chaewon got ready as her mom had told her. She was informed that her future mother in law was going to be here any moment to pick her up as they were about to go to the mall to shop for her wedding.

To be honest, she wasn't really excited about it like most of the brides would be nor was happy with any of this.

She had been feeling down since the day of her mother's confession, but rather chose to keep it to herself as she kept on reminding herself that this was only being done for her grandma and so she decided to not share it with anyone.

Hearing her mom calling her from downstairs, she came out of her trace and briskly grabbed her shoes and headed there.

On her way, she wore her shoes and walked out the front door to see her mom and a lady talking.

"Dear, this is Mrs. Min Yoo Rin, your soon to be mother in law," Chaewon's mother introduced the other lady standing.

Chaewon only smiled back when Mrs. Min smiled at her, and called her in for a hug.

After taking a bit more, Mrs. Yoo Rin motioned Chaewon for her to get into the passenger's side and take a seat in the car and so, Chaewon obliged.

She bid her mom and waved her hand at her as they rode off into the busy streets.

The silence between them was making the atmosphere awkward for Chaewon. She wanted to make a conversion but bit her tongue and held her words back as she didn't really know how to start.

The lady sitting on the other side, driving the car, seemed kind to her but Chaewon knew she couldn't converse with her mother in law.

"Chaewon, are you okay with all of these? I don't wanna burden you with this marriage," The middle-aged lady asked her soon to be daughter-in-law.

"Well, I am not saying I'm against it, but it is a really big change for me," Chaewon spoke carefully, trying not to speak anything offensive.

"Hmm, I clearly understand. I felt the same during my wedding. It really is a big changed." She laughed.

For Chaewon, the car ride passed fast enough as she got to know more about the lady next to her.

They soon reached one of the expensive dress stores.

"Umm, don't you think this is a bit too much?" The young lady asked thoughtfully.

"Well, Jimin chose it," Mrs. Min voiced out as she shrugged.

Chaewon felt her palms getting sweaty as she reached for the door handle.

'Jimin.'

The name rang in her ears as memories resurfaced in her mind.

The name itself held so many memories for the young her.

Chaewon grasped the door handle and opened the door. Stepping out of the car, the clear view of the inside of the store left her awestruck.

She trailed behind her future mother in law and walked into the store.

The bell on top of the door indicating the presence of new customers and the were welcomed by one of the staff members.

The girl who looked quite younger than Chaewon offered to show them around the store and present them with the best dresses by famous designers.

The worker led them up to the second floor of the store and that was when Chaewon realized she walked into a boutique that had dresses costing fortunes.

Chaewon found herself gawking at such beautiful dresses. They were truly amazing.

She didn't know if they would be right for her. After all she believed she didn't deserve any of these.

"Don't worry, just choose the one you like," She heard Mrs. Min speak up.

The young lady looked around the racks filled with dresses and decided she wanted a custom made dress. Or maybe something a little different from the dresses that amazed her.

One caught her attention. It was beautiful. The dress was simple, curvy and had floral designs.

She knew what she wanted.

So she walked up to the middle aged woman, who was staring at Chaewon adoringly, and asked her if she could order them to make something similar to the one she held in her hand.

"Sure dear. Talk with the staffs hear. I'm going to head downstairs for a bit," The elderly lady spoke and turned on her heels and left.

Chaewon  definitely knew she wanted this.

•••

A while later, Chaewon heard voices coming from the direction of the stairs.

She looked back but saw none. She thought they were probably still downstairs.

She recognized the first voice very clearly. It was of her future mother in law's. Chaewon was glad she came back as the young lady felt dying out of boredom from talking to all these staffs who only asked her about the groom and her marriage.

But the second voice left her in a shock.

"Why is he here," She murmured to herself as her eyes stung with tears. "Don't tell me...",

"Park Jimin is here."