• 28 •

He knew she was physically abused by him sometimes, but what he didn't know was how bad it was.

He was the first one to reach the couple's house and when he stepped out of his vehicle, he saw police cars parking outside. It looked they just arrived too.

They rushed inside following him as he lead them to their apartment. Slight noises of objects breaking and shouts could be heard.

Even though Chaewon didn't lose her conscious totally, she nearly felt the pain as the world started wrapping around.

It was starting to get blurry and soon blackness invited her in. She felt it, the void in her.

Her screams stopped and soon the door was broken down and in came the police officers.

Jimin's eyes stared at the men in the uniforms and the other man whose eyes were dark and stated pure rage in them.

"Oh! So you came to save you girlfriend, cheater?" The question made the other male standing by the door smirk as he folded his arms on his chest.

"What if I say yes?" He challenged back with the same mock visible in his voice as it was in Jimin's.

The police didn't take much time in calling the ambulance and arresting Jimin for his deeds. He screamed threats at the man he regretted calling a friend and walked out with the male officers.

Once Jimin was out of sight, he rushed towards the limp body of the female and hugged her tight, worry lacing his facial features.

He heard ambulance sirens and so, picked her up in his arms and rushed down the stairs.

As he reached to the entrance of the apartment complex, he could see the hospital workers pulling out a stretcher from the back of emergency vehicle and rolled it towards them.

She looked pale as her limp body was laid down on the bed inside the ambulance as Taehyun joined in.

The nurses in the ambulance were trying to stop the patient's heartbeat from dropping as the drivers drove fast, the siren on top making a crazy loud noise stating it's emergency.

Taehyun didn't understand why, but tears welled up in his eyes. He knew that he liked the girl but this felt so wrong. Liking someone who perhaps will never his.

They soon reached the hospital and soon, Chaewon was rushed into the operation theatre as her heart pace had gone back to being a little better by then after the defibrillation was given to her.

Taehyun wanted to go inside only to make sure she was okay but the nurses forced him to stay outside and only to hope for the best. He knew the doctors were doing their work which they were the best at but he couldn't help his worries.

About and hour had passed since Chaewon was rushed into to operation room and they still haven't

His phone rang in his back pocket and his hands reached to where his phone was.

An unknown number.

He picked up the call and placed it against his left ear and spoke into it.

"Hello? Who is it?"

"Mr. Taehyun, I'm calling you from the Seoul Police Station. You were the last one that Mrs. Park Chaewon had contacted and so, we want to interrogate you about some details. Please be here soon."

Taehyun hummed as he ended the call and walked out of the hospital building. He was so determined to end this for once and all.