• 12 •

The rain cast a cold drift to spread around the town. Chaewon shivered as she walked down the street, her heels clicking against the hard, wet pavement causing water to splash around from the small puddles she accidentally stepped on.

She hugged herself as her palms of her hands rubbed her arms in an up and down motion in an attempt of warming herself up. Chills ran down her spine causing goosebumps to form on her body,shivering from the cold.

But looked like luck wasn't really on her side today.

Her eyes glanced up to the street light which was slightly dimmed where fireflies flew around the light. A smile full of sorrow stretched on her lips.

Even those poor creatures had found a way to keep themselves warm.

As she walked forward, her eyes caught on the sight of the bus stop in front of her. She lazily dragged herself to the bench and sat down on it. She brought her legs up as her chin rested on her knees and arms wrapped around her shin.

She felt herself drifting to sleep as her breathing got heavier and her eyelids starting to drop themselves shut. But as she was about to, she felt someone wrap a coat around her fragile body and a coffee cup was held in front of her eyes.

As she looked up to greet the person, she was met with a pair of familiar eyes. Eyes that she has seen and known so well. The eyes which were filled with betrayal.

"I'm sorry for all the incidents that happened," he spoke with guilt in his eyes.

Though she knew she might be wrong, but she knew now that he wasn't relating to the incidents that have taken place earlier today. Rather, he was intending on something else which they both were quite a lot aware of.

"You don't need to be. It was not your fault anyway," Chaewon whispered lowly and took a hold of the warm cup in her shivering, cold hands. She felt the heat from the cup rise up, slowly warming her hands.

He sat next to her next to her, and took a sip of his own coffee, sighing." She is sick. The doctors said she won't live much longer." Chaewon's face grimaced as the name rang in her ears. Her best friend who betrayed her, even after knowing her feelings, played with them and still managed to be sorry.

"What's wrong?" Even though she felt hatred towards the friend, she couldn't let herself to betray her even if she tried. She always believed she wasn't like her.

Cruel yet beautiful.

She could never find it in herself to forgive her, but a side of her panicked when she heard about her sickness. She still saw her as the friend who used to share secrets, hang out and do almost everything together when they were back in middle school.

She found herself missing all those times which now were only memories. Still hoping for even one day they could return back to how they really were, how they were meant to be best friends. But she knew all these things were impossible.

She sipped on her hot coffee as a thought, better said, a question wandered around in her head.

Even with all the little amount of time left for Yoonah, will she be able to regain her past self back and become the one who Chaewon used to live for?