• 14 •

Jimin walked into the dark house, his eyes wandering around as he took small steps. The place looked messier than usual and his wife was nowhere to be seen. As Jimin walked into the living room, he saw the wine cabinet's door wide open. 

'She must've been drinking,' Jimin thought as he rushed into Chaewon's bedroom. He pusjed the door open as it made a small creaking sound. His eyes curiously roamed around the room and finally set his sight on the door that led to the bathroom. 

He took large steps and stopped as soon as he was close enough to the door to peek in through the small gap as the door wasn't shut completely. His fingers wrapped around the edge of the wooden divider between the two rooms. He pushed it back slightly as his eyes widened seeing the sight in front of him. 

There she sat on the tiled, cold floor, her legs folded beneath her while she had a glass shard in her grasp. Jimin didn't know what to do.

Should he interrupt? Or should he just stay quiet and let her hurt herself?

Well, that's what he has been doing all this time. Jimin stayed quiet and let whatever was meant to happen occur with no slight care shown. But he knew if he kept up with this kind of behavior, this wouldn't end up in a good condition. 

"What are you doing Chaewon?" The husband let the words roll out of his lips. 

Chaewon turned her head in his direction. A look of innocence appeared on her face, her eyes showed sadness and betrayal. 

Jimin felt guilty. 

"I-I was just umm..," Chaewon stuttered but trailed off as soon she couldn't speak any further. The glass shard fell out of her hands and onto the floor with a clinking noise. 

Jimin shook his head. He didn't know how to comfort her. "Please don't hurt yourself blaming yourself and you're not at fault," While the words left Jimin's vocal cord, Chaewon found hope.

Maybe Jimin wasn't as bad as he was before. Maybe he is changing. But Chaewon wasn't sure about anything. 

She hid her face in his chest as she tried not to smile when he place his arms under her knees and behind her neck, picked her up and walked into her room. 

He placed her on the bed before he poured a glass of water from the jug that was on her desk. He passed the water to her. 

She drank down the water and laid down on the bed, and Jimin reached over to take a hold of the blanket and pulled it over her cold no body. 

"Stay warm and sleep well," Jimin whispered as he placed a kiss on her forhead, and closed her eyes with his hands. 

He walked to where the light switches was and flickered them shut. He turn his head once more in the direction of his wife before letting out a smile. Before he headed over to the door, walked out and closed it behind him, he heard her say something in a low tone. Almost unbearable. 

"Goodnight and sleep well," The voice of the lady small. "I love you," A whispered confession flower in the cold air of winter.