• 19 •

Jimin's footsteps echoed across the hallways of the 5th floor of the hospital. He stopped in front of a waiting Taehyun as he was in front of the door of the operation room.

Tears glistened in the eyes of his girlfriend's brother, who was just as in shock and in panic as Jimin himself was.

He forced Taehyun to take a seat on the benches located in the waiting just across from the operation theatre.

Taehyun opened his mouth but nothing was managed to be pushed out at that moment so he ended up closing it. Jimin, who was sitting beside him, was sobbing silently as the palms of his hand covered his face.

"Patient 64," a doctor had called out. Taehyun abruptly stood up and went out the door of the waiting room, meeting the doctor.

As Taehyun stood in front of the doctor with reading and hopeful eyes, the doctor couldn't help but feel guilty and moved his sight to Jimin.

"Operation failed," the doctor started to talk but paused as he released a deep sigh. "You can go and see the patient."

Both the males followed behind the doctor as the doctor ordered the nurses to make a death report on the patient.

The words of the doctor rang in Jimin's ears like a shape blade.

"Patient 64. Dead. Death time: 11.10 pm"

The doctor spoke his last words and left the room. "The dead body will be taken in for autopsy in an hour and later on moved to the mortuary."

Taehyun nodded and walked out of the room after biding his dead sister. Jimin waited a while before walking out.

The both soon left the hospital as Taehyun informed his parents about the news.

"What did your parents say?" Jimin was the first one to break the silence in the lonely feeling atmosphere on their way back to home in Taehyun's car.

"That they're coming over at our place."

Jimin just replied with a 'oh' and went back to gazing at the roads and the lights that passed by.

He felt bad. Like he had a missing part in himself. His head was blurred with the images of Yoonah and the thought of living without Yoonah pushed tears out of eyes.

Their moments, their kisses, his life partner — he missed them all. Only if he could change the reality. Only if he could listen to her voice once.

A deep void;isolation filled both the males from the insides.

Upon arriving at Taehyun's apartment, the quietness surrounding the atmosphere made Taehyun's heart clenched as tears were forced out.

The shared house felt very empty to Taehyun and Jimin as Yoonah's presence went missing.

They both took turns in going to the bathroom located in the hallway and washed themselves up.

It was reality which they have to learn to accept even if it is very hard.

As Jimin was wiping his face with the towel he took from the bathroom, he felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket. His hands soon reached there and took it out.

A missed call from his wife. He was about to set the device phone but was interrupted by another incoming call from Chaewon. He sighed and scoffed in his head as he swiped the red button.

"What does she want now?" Jimin lowly questioned himself.

Chaewon soon sent a text message to Jimin. He was getting pissed off by her as the seconds were passing. So to just shut her up, he opened it and read the message that was sent by his wife.

'How did Yoonah's operation go.' Read the text message.

'Why do you want to know?' Jimin typed it in and sent it to her.

'Well, she's my best friend.'

'Not anymore. Her operation wasn't successful.' Jimin typed it in as he ended texting after sending the last message. 'Now that you know everything, bye.'

On the other hand, the waiting wife was quite sad due to the fact that her husband was still in love with her deceased friend. She felt bad for Yoonah and the truth of losing her best friend did hit her like a truck.

But at that moment, jealousy and hatred was way too much to come for her to feel sad and cry for Yoonah.

Even after she died, she wasn't going to let Chaewon be in peace and have her life the way she wanted it to be.