• 30 •

A question, do you read the ending first and continue reading the entire book or gradually read through until you reach the ending?

I'm personally the type to read the ending first and then go back to reading the entire book. Can't handle sad endings, they make me teary, big time.

────────────

Evidences after evidences were presented at the court and lies after lies were spoken by both the lawyers.

After the trial had officially begun, it only started getting intense. There were no signs of any party winning. The tension in the huge room and the stares and glares thrown from one to another were totally noticeable.

The attorney that had agreed on offending for Jimin was a highly promoted one who'd been winning for years, that depending on lies or not didn't matter anymore.

Chaewon sat on the opposite side of Jimin, facing him as both of the adults had grimaces on their faces.

After about two hours, the first trial had closed and Chaewon had high hopes as they were the one to win this first trial.

The evidence of the phone call, Taehyun's statements, the police officers and Jimin's psychologist's statement, they all were a very big help for Chaewon in the first trial.

But that didn't mean that she was already declared the winner in these sets of fights.

They weren't sure about the number of trials because they believed that the other party would ask for as many trial as possible for them to win this case.

So, Chaewon also reminded herself to hold her head high and walked past him after steeping on him because she knew, she wasn't the criminal and she wouldn't even let anyone think otherwise.

Jimin might have sent her about a thousand threats on how he was going to get her back, but the fact she was smarter and truthful and honest, she didn't really fear him anymore.

But in the end, even if Jimin anyhow ended up winning the case, she would make people believe that she was the victim.

She thought he was just a stray dog, waiting to bite someone, use them up and leave just like how people started leaving him. But he wasn't aware of the person he ended up biting this time wasn't just someone in the ordinary.

She thought of herself as someone special and she thought it would be the best for people to think that way because their lives and living properly should always be their first priority rather than falling in love with someone and trying to ked that person in your own way.

Chaewon knew she was at fault too but her own ones compared to Jimin's were almost same as nothing as she only loved and tried fixing a person for better when she was aware of how broken she was.

Only if she tried fixing herself first.

From her perspective, she thought they needed to be aware of things like this. No one knows when people change faces and so, it's better to stay alert.

……

Months had passed.

With the determination to win, both the parties fought in as many trials as possible and as Chaewon had already guessed, Jimin played his dirty tricks in this one too.

He won the case after all.

But it didn't affect her much now that they were divorced and Jimin was sent to a mental hospital. At Least she was happy that people now knew of the sickness he carried around with him and how absurd his behaviors and changes in moods were.

She moved away from the place that reminded her of the pain she had borne but also her indirect win. Because she knew, even if Jimin could be totally cured, the time would have already passed by and it would be too late to turn back to the past, fix and change it.

But she didn't want anything to change. As she found her own happiness In her new life now.

And Taehyun?

He waited for a year understanding his feelings and finally decided on his feelings. He confessed them to the one he loved too dearly.

In the past one year, he knew he wanted to devote his love to Chaewon even if there were chances of her not liking him back. If by chance anything had gone wrong, he'd only be sorry for the both of them and try reconciling their relationship.

He probably had proposed to her in the most romantic and cliché way possible which made Chaewon laugh, not the hearty one though he wished it was something like that.

She really did want to find happiness. But the fact that what she went through in a time span of about 6 months was a bit too much to move on from so easily, thus she decided on taking slow steps.

So instead of rejecting right away, she requested time from Taehyun. Time to reorganize her thoughts, her feelings, her entire life.

She wanted to write a new chapter of her life, but this time with an easy start and a simple life.

────────────

Author's note - Guys, guys, I know short chapter but deal with it. This is the end and thanks for all the support you all have given me. You determined me to write better and now we're here, at the end.

But don't worry, your author-nim is coming at you all with a long af epilogue because the book hasn't ended yet.

And....

I might make a book 2.

Should I?

And last but not least,

I love you all sooooooo much 💜💜.