• 17 •

The light bulb sitting on the top of the door of the operation theatre blinked red as soon as the doors were closed by two of the nurses. 

Taehyun paced in the hallway in front of the operation theatre as Jimin clenched his fingers together of both of his hands and rested his chin on them. 

Both the guys having different thoughts and worries running around in their own minds. But, they both were scared for the worst thing happening. 

Whilst Chaewon stayed home. She felt ashamed of herself. Her best friend was there int he hospital fighting between life and death, the doctors trying their best to save her while she was at home. Too afraid to face her and the situation, and obviously both the males. 

There was Yoonah's brother, Taehyun — who was strangely kind towards her the last time they met, and her husband Jimin — who apparently was her best friend's boyfriend who hated Chaewon despite her being his wife. 

She rushed around the house contemplating whether she should go to the hospital or not.

Taehyun had messaged her last night to visit and he was not forcing her as he left the decision upon Chaewon to make. 

It was her best friend after all. 

So after a good time of thinking, she headed towards the bathroom to get ready. 

She didn't do much. She wasn't going to a party or meeting anyway. 

Chaewon made the process of getting ready to go out in the cold streets as fast as possible by simply putting on a set of warm clothes, a pair of boots and grabbed her bag and keys and ran out the door. 

She made sure to lock the door before walking down the staircase as it would take time waiting for the elevator to arrive. 

She wanted to give her best support to Yoonah and her family while she could. She was already late. The operation had started around an hour ago. 

She was worried as stepped on the gas pedal a little harder, speeding up the car and driving down the street to the private hospital Yoonah was admitted in. 

Chaewon reached the last traffic stop before she could drive down the left curb and park in the right side of the medical building. 

She waited the light to turn green. Every second felt like it was killing her. 

After some jogging and running, Chaewon was there in the elevator with a nurse and another patient. She walked out as soon it reached the floor she wanted to get off at. 

She headed straight to the nurses' station and asked for the direction to the operation theatre. 

Awhile later, she saw Taehyun and Jimin waiting impatiently in front of the huge room that had closed doors. 

Taehyun spotted her standing at the end of the hallway staring back at him with a gloom face. He got up from his seat — the one he had seated on just a few minutes earlier, and walked nearer to the woman. 

"I thought you wouldn't come," Taehyun spoke out loud upon reaching Chaewon. She showed him a tight smile. "How could I not? She is my best friend after all." 

"How long has it been since they've taken her in," Chaewon questioned as she walked to the waiting area with Taehyun as Jimin's eyes laid on his wife. 

Chaewon locked eyes with Jimin, and offered him a smile, but sadly, Jimin just ignored her and heaved out a sigh. 

Taehyun watched the two and felt bad. 

"An hour and a half," Taehyun let out slowly as he led her to a seat and sat down beside her after she took a seat. 

"Oh," That was all that Chaewon could say. Not only Chaewon, but anyone at a situation could say. They could only be pitiful towards the patient suffering.

"I'm gonna go and get myself a cup of coffee," Jimin announced as he got up from the bench. "Anyone of you want something else." 

Atleast Jimin wasn't rude to offer. But a Taehyun didn't want anything and Chaewon just shook her head. So, Jimin took the cue and left to the hospital cafeteria. 

Chaewon sighed. 

"Go," Taehyun commanded as Chaewon turned towards him, confused. Taehyun completed, "Go and talk to him, he needs comfort. Yoonah wasn't only his girlfriend but also a great friend to him." 

Chaewon thought for a while and finally stood up and walked away.