Chapter 11

MEL POV

"Melissa, when the doctors told you that had your miscarriage," she leads out with causing me to feel like crying again. All I could think is that something is wrong with me. Something bad. I should have come to the doctors earlier, why didn't I come early? I started to hate myself. She continued to speak.

"Well, they were wrong. They must have read your HCG levels and mistaken them for a miscarriage. Those headaches and morning sickness are all part of your pregnancy." I felt my body numb and I was completely confused. I felt the room spinning and even though I was looking at my doctor, I did not see her. "Okay, let me explain. That pain that you felt before you went to the hospital that's normal too, during your pregnancy because your body is changing and the baby is moving."

I looked down at my hands. I was so completely and utterly confused. What she was saying made absolutely no sense. Every word left me baffled.

"You are pregnant, Melissa! You didn't have a miscarriage and for the most part your baby is perfectly healthy." She said with a big smile, getting up. I felt tears run down my face and I felt like I could sob for many hours.

"I do not understand." I said blankly. She stopped in her steps and sat back down. I zoned out as she ran over the break down of how the doctors in the ER could possible read my tests wrong. I didn't really listen, because I didn't really believe it.

"Want to see your baby?" she says bringing a machine closer to me and bringing me back to reality. All I could do was nod. She begins by putting cold gel on my stomach. Then, she puts a wander-like machine on top of it. She rubs it back and forth. I start to hear something.

"You hear that?" She says looking from the machine to me. I heard it but I wasn't sure what it was. "That's your baby's heartbeat." She said smiling. I smile looking at my stomach knowing that there is a small human growing inside of me. It was all making sense to me. I felt overwhelming joy rush over me.

She points to the screen and says, "You see that? It looks like a blueberry." She said trying not to cover the smallest dot on the screen. I saw it, barely.

"Yeah." I said hesitate, unsure if that was a bad thing like a tumor. I felt nervousness run through my body.

"That's your baby." I feel my heart skip a beat and tears run down my face. I start to laugh, unable to hold myself together.

"Thank you!" I manage to say through many more tears. "Thank you. I can't thank you enough." I was brushing the tears away.

"I'm just glad you found the truth."

"I thought there was something wrong with me." I said laughing some more. I couldn't hold it in. I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I couldn't control myself.

"Nope. Just the miracle of life." She said cleaning off my stomach and helping me sit up.

I, then, take a seat in my chair and she sits at her desk. She writes a few things down as I grab my phone and see Chris's text:

Hey Mel. I got the part!! I NEED to see you. Where are you? I stopped by set and Chlyer said you haven't been in yet. Anyway, I'll be at home if you need anything. Love you!

Then I look up to see the doctor waiting for me.

"I'm so sorry. I was texting my boyfriend." I say and then catch myself, "I mean my fiancé." I say with a laugh. He was my fiancé, my caring, loving, amazing fiancé.

"Congratulations." She says with a smile, "So to summarize this crazy news, you are about 5 weeks pregnant. You will need to have a check up about every 2 months. I will also prescribe you some vitamins that you will need to be taking throughout your pregnancy to keep the baby and yourself healthy." She says all this with a smile. "Well, that's all I have. Do you have any questions?" I think for a minute or so.

"I don't right now, but if I some later, can I call you?" She smiled and did a nod. She walked me out and gave me one more wave.

I got into my car. I was overwhelmed. Excitement, Joy, Happiness, Relief, Amazed. I was going to be a mom.