Chapter 41

MEL POV
I wake up the next morning to no one holding me. I turn to look at Chris who I had assumed just moved over during his sleep, but he's not there either. He's not even in the room, I notice looking around the room.

I get out of bed slowly and lookout into the hallway. I peak into Oliver's room and he is still asleep with no sign of Chris.

Then, I check the bathroom. Nothing. I walk downstairs and look in the kitchen and living room. Nothing. I start to worry. I am about to make my way back upstairs when I hear the door open.

I turn around and see Chris. He is trying to carry two coffees and a bag in his two arms. I go to help him. I take the bag while he closes the door. I put the bag on the counter, and I wait there. He comes by and gives me a kiss on the cheek before making his way in front of me. He reaches into the fridge and grabs milk from the fridge.

"How was your sleep?" I asked him.

"It was good. I hope I didn't wake you." He slightly nervous. I smirk at how cute he was acting.

"No, you didn't. I actually woke in a panic, because you weren't there." I said laughing quietly as I blushed slightly..

"I'm sorry. I just assumed it would be a long day, so why not start off the day giving my beautiful wife a cup of coffee." He said smiling and placing one of the coffee cups in front of me.

"In that case." I said laughing as he joined in.

"So, should we wake him or just let him wake up?" He asks slightly excited.

"We'll let him sleep. He'll be hyper all day. Do we want to wake him, so it lasts longer than it should?" I asked quite serious and trying to hold my laughter in.

It was true. Last year, Oliver was basically bouncing off the walls and he hadn't even had any sugar yet. We were scared of what would happen when he finally did eat some sugar.

"You're right." He said finishing doing small things around the kitchen. "Shall, we make our way to the couch?" He asked, reading my mind. I shook my head 'yes' and he led the way.

Chris sat down first and then I sat right next to him. He wrapped him arms around me as I laid my head on his chest. We turned on the tv and I felt myself falling asleep, but Chris kept me awake with his smooth lips going against my ear.

"Hey, you don't want to fall asleep now, we're getting to the good part." He whispered to me. We were watching reruns of Castle, and although I would argue, it soon went away knowing how lucky I was.