Chapter 28

MEL POV
That next few months of working with Chris again was amazing, but before I knew it Chris didn't have any more scenes on Supergirl. Luckily, he had found new work which excited him. He was staring in a new tv show called 'Containment.'

He was very excited but when we found out he has to do a lot of traveling; we lost the enthusiasm. His first set was all the way in Ohio. After talking about it, I basically pushed him to do it. I couldn't bare seeing him helpless as he worked on commercials until his next big project. This was his shot and I wanted him to take it. He didn't want to leave Ollie who was now 20 months and walking, and deep down I didn't want him to either, but I wasn't going to be selfish. He deserved this job.

We finished packing his suitcase as Ollie played with trains on the floor. Just as we zipped up his last bag, Ollie started to cry yelling 'dada' over and over again. I think he knew that Chris had to take a trip and wouldn't be back for a while. Chris made an agreement to not film longer than 2 months at a time, but 2 months was still a long time.

"Bud," Chris said picking up him and giving him a big hug. He carried him down the stairs as I carried his bags. Chris and I got in the car and drove to the train which Chris decided was the best way to take. Ollie was starting to calm down during the ride but freaked out again when we got to the train.

I got him out of his car seat and as we walked up to the station, he began sobbing. Chris took Ollie from me and took him aside. I saw from where I was that he was giving him a little talk. I started to walk over there as the train sounded, meaning it was close.

"Take care of mama for me. You're a big boy now." Chris planted a kiss on his cheek. I couldn't help but smile and fall in love with the two of them. Chris put Ollie back on the ground, and he stood next to me, grabbing my hand. I looked down at him and smiled. He smiled back me as one last tear streamed down his face.

Chris moved toward me slowly. He dropped his bags beside him and I let go of Ollie's hand, momentarily.

I fell into his embrace. I felt his heat and I started to cry as it hit me that was going to be gone for so long. This was harder than I had imagined. I gripped his shirt and I felt myself start to cry. My tears dripped on to his shirt and he must have felt it because he held me tighter.

"Train 109 will be leaving in 5 minutes. 109 will be leaving in 5 minutes." The intercom announced. Chris let go of me, and I stumbled back. His eyes gazed into mine as I tried to make my tears disappear. He grabbed my hand and held it. I held Ollie's hand in my free hand, once more.

Another tear ran down my face and Chris wiped it away, leaving his hand softly against my face. I shut my eyes tightly, trying to hold in my emotions. He then kissed me, and I wanted it to last an eternity. But it ended so quickly. Before I knew it, Chris slipped from my face and he was picking up his bags for the train.

"I love you so much. I will call you every day." He said as he stood in front of us. I stared at him, "I will only be thinking about you when I'm gone." He said smiled strongly.

"I love you too." I whisper not sure if he heard me. Then he looked down at Oliver still holding my hand and messed his small hairs up. I looked down at Ollie and his face showed sadness.

"No go, dada." He said looking up at Chris with his wide eyes. I followed his stare up to Chris. Chris smiled and laughed softly.

"I will be back before you know it." He looked at me once more before walking away. "I love you!" He yelled before stepping on the train.

Then, he disappeared. We waited there for a minute hoping he would come back out, but he didn't.