Chapter 40

MEL POV

Later that week, Chris and I were nonstop working. It left like we never had a second to spare or take a breath.

We would leave early, one of us would drop off Oliver, then go to work, the other would pick Oliver up, and then keep working, and then go home and sleep. It was on repeat.

It was stressful and I was pregnant! It felt crazy, but yet adventurous all at once. I hadn't had any symptoms with this pregnancy. Although it should have brought me relief, I was worried. Yet, my doctor continued to insist that there was nothing wrong, and I trusted her.

It was Friday. Tomorrow was Oliver's birthday, and Chris and I had cramped everything into only one day of prep, and that was today.

We both took the day off and tried to stick together and stay positive through it all. We worked really great together, which wasn't too shocking. We were the best team. It was crazy as the day went on, although we did communicate, we didn't need to. It was like we had a connection and we just knew what we had to do and where to go with it. Once, we stepped into the store, we went our separate ways and met up just before we checked out.

Oliver came home asleep, so we continued to keep getting ready. I tuck him in as Chris does the finishing touches. Everything looked great. It was amazing and all I could do was admire our work.

Chris and I stood in the hallway for a while and looked at it all. I leaned on Chris and put my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me close. He gave me a kiss on the top of my head.

"We did good." I said

"We did. Can you believe our boy is four?"

"Not yet." I said getting emotional. He was big and so old, it was hard to imagine it had been four years with him already and yet it felt so short.

"It's tomorrow though." Chris teased me.

"Stop, Chris you know I'll get emotional." Knowing my pregnancy hormones would make me more emotional than I usually would be.

"It's only because you are pregnant with our second baby." He tells me, kissing the top of my head.

"That's true." I said as I stepped infront of Chris so I could look into his eyes. I felt a tear start to stream down my face

"Ohh, noo Mel." His smile faded and I laugh lightly, "I didn't mean- I thought that would make it better." I cried softly, but kept my smile as he spoke.

"You did." I said putting my hands on his face and pushing my lips against his. I kissed him passionately and loved every moment. Then Chris stepped away and grabbed one of my bare hands. He walked towards our room pulling me with him.

"We should go to bed." He said tighten his grip around my hand and pulling me closer to the steps.

"Noooo..." I protested, "I want to stay up." I said hinting at him.

"Mel, it's your hormones. They are making you want to be up longer instead of getting sleep that you need." He said laughing and pulling me up the stairs. We found ourselves in our room with door shutting behind us.

"So that's a no?" I asked a little annoyed.

"Of course not!" A smirk grew across his face, "I would never." He said picking me up and throwing me into bed. My voice rumbled with laughter as I hit the bed and bounced up.

"God, you're so amazing. I just love you so much!" I said giving him a kiss and getting comfortable.

"I love you so much more, Melissa." He said before kissing me again.