Chapter 27

MEL POV
Before I knew it, the honeymoon was over, which lasted about two months, and I had to go back to work. It wasn't really a honeymoon more like a lot of family time, since we had stayed home with Ollie. I had time to take off and Chris wasn't in any new projects so it kinda worked itself out.

Ollie was turning one in a few weeks, so I started thinking about what we should do. He also was consistently saying 'mama' and 'dada' causing us to smile each time he said it. He was getting so big, so old so fast. Chris was trying to turn him into a Yankees fan before he could know that there were other teams, so Chris got all three of us tickets for this Tuesday night's game. I didn't want to go; I was just so worried about work. I hadn't worked in a while, and I was afraid that'd I'd be out of touch with it all.

"You ready to go?" I asked Ollie putting him in his car seat. Chris had decided to join me on my first day of set so that he could see everyone and support me, and that meant Ollie was coming too. We had talked about when Ollie was a little bit older that he would come with one of us to work until he started school, but he was just barely talking and standing, so until then he would stay with Chris or one of my sisters.

Ollie just giggled and looking from Chris in the front seat and then back at me. For some reason Chris thought it would be a good idea for us to take the highway, so it took like an hour to get there which made me even more nervous. Chris held my hand the whole way there knowing I was so nervous, but when we arrived, he jumped out of the car leaving Ollie and I as he ran over to Jeremy. I got out and made my way to the other side of the car and got Ollie out of his car seat.

Suddenly there was someone behind me. I could see the shadow, and I turned to see who it was once Ollie was securely in my arms. I saw two very smiley women, Chlyer and Katie.

"Hey cutie!" Chlyer said as Ollie reached his hand out to her. She grabbed it and kissed it softly. Ollie then babbled something unrecognizable making Chlyer and Katie laugh with excitement. "Let's hang out with aunt Chlyer." She said with enthusiasm taking him out of my arms.

We began walking onto set to meet everyone who is new or just talk to others who were returning. I let Ollie be as Katie and Chlyer gushed over him. We made small talk about Chlyer's family and Katie's new boyfriend until we got there. They really weren't interested in me though, which made me laugh.

"Mel," Chris said stopping me as everyone else walked in.

"What is it?" I said confused. He seemed fluttered, yet also excited.

"Mel, the director just told me that they want to extend my contact for season 3!" He said with excitement. I couldn't hold my excitement in, and it resulted in laughter escaping my lips.

"That's great, Chris!" I manage to say in between laughs.

"But." He stopped me. His expression was more serious now.

"but what?" I asked curious of what could dim his mood. It certainly didn't cloud my excitement.

"They told me that I have a new love interest. Mel, I-" He starts to say but I cut his off, immediately.

"Stop." I push my arm against his chest, "Chris, that's just a character. His name is Monel" I reach for his open hand and I feel his fingers intertwine with mine. "and you are Chris." I look down and then back into his brown eyes that intensely stared into mine, "And I know Chris loves me and will not be kissing anyone who isn't me." I with laughter as I lean in to kiss him. I could see his relief before a smile formed and his lips met mine.