Chapter 5: It's a good day to have a bad day

"I want to kiss you" Richard pulled me closer. I could feel the heat rolling off his body. He leaned in and closed the distance between us. His lips on mine were soft and warm. My whole body tingled as our kiss deepened and the world seemed to fade around us. It's me who pulled away first.

"I'm sorry, I can't" I whispered and Richard lips were only inches from mine. "You're my boss' best friend" Taron might not be boss-like but it was the truth.

Richard smiled "I know I am, but that doesn't have to stop us. But I don't want to push you into something you don't want" He was the perfect guy, wasn't he?

"I'm sorry, I like you, but I can't do this. Can we just leave?" I stared into his kind blue eyes.

"Sure. Let me just tell Taron we are leaving." He walked over to where Taron and Emily were sitting and I saw them talking. Taron looked surprised, then looked at me. His face expression was unreadable. What was going on with him? Did he want me to stay? Richard made his way back through the crowd and put his hand on my back "Let's go"

He hailed a cab as soon as we were back on the street. "You don't have to take me home" He didn't have to spend the extra time bringing me home and then driving home in the opposite direction. He had told me earlier he lived somewhere near Angel Station.

"You shouldn't be on your own this late at night" Richard said. I couldn't believe he was this kind to me even though I had rejected him.

"I really appreciate it" I told Richard and squeezed his hand. He looked up from under his lashes.

"You seem like a really beautiful and intelligent young woman, you know. Anyone who spends time with you is lucky" I can't believe he just said that. Why was he so kind to me? Did Taron appreciate the time we spend together the way Richard did?

"Thank you, Richard. You are so kind" Meanwhile we have arrived back at the house.

"See you soon" Richard said. I had completely forgotten that I would run into him all the time now.

"See you. Have a nice evening and get home save" It's when I got up to my room I realized it was already 2 AM. Nice evening huh?

I had to talk to someone about this. Diana was probably already at work so I tried Jess.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's me. How are you?"

"Hey, I'm fine. You will never believe what happened today" She exclaimed.

"What's going on?" I smiled. She seemed so excited.

"I actually got a job interview in London on Monday!" She said happily.

"What?" I screamed "I am so happy for you" I really was.

We talked a bit more and decided it would be best if she flew in on Sunday. It's my day off so we can spend more time together.

"I can ask Taron if you could stay with us?" I suggested

"That would be so amazing! But I don't want to bother anyone" She said

"It's no problem, I'll ask him tomorrow" I said as I heard Taron and Emily come back from the party. "They just got back from the party, I'll talk to him tomorrow and let you know"

"Wait, which party?" Jess asked. I had completely forgotten to tell her about the kiss. I hope Taron didn't hear me talk on the phone.

"Oh Jess you will never believe what happened" I said sadly. I still couldn't quite believe it "Richard actually kissed me and then I totally messed it up"