liii. | an unknown destination

GERARD LAID OUT a map for Daryl Dixon to look at

GERARD LAID OUT a map for Daryl Dixon to look at. It showed the terrain, buildings they could loot or where they could hole up for another day depending on how long they walked, or to find their destination by looking at roads. Daryl traced his finger along the map, his eyes following a bunch of different roads nearby. Daryl didn't know one bit about this area, he'd never seen any of it before in his time at the prison, now they were not at the prison, so it really did matter at the moment if he knew where he was or not. Hell, it might take a lot of memorizing to remember where he was without taking a peek at the map every few minutes. But he was Daryl Dixon, a hunter, a tracker, a man who knew roads better than he knew his own brother, he'd figure it out one way or another.

The Walsh woman believed he could lead them to safety. Which he would certainly do.

Ella stared at the dot signifying that was where they were. She prayed and prayed in her head that they would find everyone, alive and well preferably, then they'd figure out where and how they would get back the life they used to have. The prison was all they ever wanted, the closest thing to safety they could ever have in their life. She pointed her finger there. "So we're here as you know. . ." she trailed off, her voice lowering when she caught the sight of the prison's location that held so much value to her own and to others lives, a place of bliss and harmony that was now only devastation and sorrow. "Where do you think everyone else is going?"

Daryl licked his lips, rubbing the back of his neck. "They could go north, west, east, or south. The walkers and the Governor's people would've divided us that way. They could be anywhere. For all we know, they're hiking up here right now. But we don't know that." he explained, "All we can do is keep going. I say we go this way and just hope for the best. We keep walking, take shelter when the sun is down and find any supplies along the way. How we do that is up to the rest of you. If it means we survive, I don't really care what it is." he shrugged his shoulders forward.

"That sounds like the best plan we got. Better than staying here and hoping they'll all find us." Brandon put it out there, placing his hands on his hips. His eyes twinkled at the thought of his magnificent girlfriend, Maggie Greene. He would find her again. One way or another. He was going to find that amazing woman he was able to call his.

"I bet if we search houses, we're bound to find something of someone's." Ella added to Brandon's statement, her eyes lighting up.

"Yeah, we should leave some of our belongings behind as well for them to find. Whether thats on the road or in random buildings to kind of let them know that's the direction they need to go." Brandon suggested, looking over at Daryl for his approval. Daryl was the only walking authority they were holding onto for right now. He was the only one with the right head, the sane one at the very least. Daryl was better minded than anyone these lot had ever met before other than Rick and a couple others who may as well be dead.