lxvi. | goodbye, old friend

SITTING IN THE firetruck, the group heading off to Washington to cure the world all noticed that their friends; Michonne, Carl holding Judith, and Gabriel standing outside the church with fear  and anxiety written clearly across their faces as the...

SITTING IN THE firetruck, the group heading off to Washington to cure the world all noticed that their friends; Michonne, Carl holding Judith, and Gabriel standing outside the church with fear  and anxiety written clearly across their faces as they looked at the barricaded door slowly splintering apart due to the pressure of the small herd of walkers. Ella noticed that some of the group wasn't there with them. She wondered where they could've been. Saving Daryl and Carol from whoever kidnapped them? Helping Daryl and Carol get themselves out of a predicament? Where the hell was everyone else at? Why did these guys get left behind at the church?

Fingers were trying to claw their way out through the door to get to the prey sitting outside waiting for it to be done as dead corpses were already laying outside the church, on pikes or not. Abraham steered the truck into the church to block the doorway to the church so they couldn't escape their fate of being stuck in the church until the end of time. Ella stared at the walkers reaching out to them. She was shocked that there were that many that their friends had to barricade them from the outside. If they had been any slower. . . no one would be here.

When they told their friends of Eugene's cowardice, they were either going to be pissed at him and throw a punch, or they were going to be shocked and not say a word, or react a way Ella wouldn't see coming. Out of everyone, Ella thought Rick would be the one to throw a punch and everyone would try to make him understand so that the man could stay with them. Of course, no matter what he would stay unless he turned into a walker after death, then they'd put him down and bury him.

Even with people sound asleep, Ella exited the vehicle with her gun out. She was happy to see Judith, Carl and Michonne were alright. She headed straight to the children with a smile on her face. She cupped Carl's face, the stinging truth of what she told Rick crossing her mind for she didn't feel that way towards Carl anymore, he had grown and he was different. He had only been trying to survive back at the prison even though it was completely wrong of him to do what he did to that man in the woods. "Are you and Judith okay? Did they get you at all?" she questioned him out of concern, glazing over his body to check for scratches or teeth marks. "Did one of you get hurt? Maggie can fix you up if they got you, or you hurt youself trying-" she cut herself off and shook her head, allowing Carl to actually be able to speak.

Carl simply smiled at her, resting his hand on hers. He seemed relieved she was finally talking to him after all those days of ignoring him. He missed his best friend, his sister. "We're okay. We're not hurt," he dropped his hand and looked back at Judith. "Isn't that right, Judith? It was only scary." he spoke to the baby, who cooed.

Ella chuckled. "I'm glad."

Carl pulled Ella into a hug. "I'm glad, too. I really am." he whispered. Ella held his head, rubbing Judith's with the other.