lvi. | no sanctuary

BEING IN THE dark for so long made Ella realize how scary it truly was

BEING IN THE dark for so long made Ella realize how scary it truly was. Usually, they were afraid of coming across walkers in the pitch black, but now they were afraid of what was going to happen to them when those doors opened again for the final time and exposed them to the world one last time before they sent hell on them all. They had no idea what the odds were for them, for they only knew there were just a handful of men that put them in here. They didn't know about the other people that could fight who could be in this group of cannibals. The group in the train had to have hope they would beat the odds against them.

Rick wanted everyone to make their own weapon and hide it, so Ella pulled a piece of wood from the floor and broke it down until it was as small as a regular knife would be. She took off her necklace and used that to sharpen her piece of wood. She glanced at Glenn a few times to see how his weapon was coming along and it seemed it was really coming together. She looked back at her weapon, realizing it was done now. She blew the excess dust off of the tip and secured her necklace back around her neck.

Everyone one of the motherfuckers were going to burn in hell for everything they'd done to them and to the people before them. They were lunatics, cannibals. They deserved to die for killing people who only wanted to be safe from the outside world. They took advantage of people who came in their sanctuary. Monsters, Ella thought to herself.

From inside the train, they could hear a few men chatting. One of them told all of them to shut the fuck up. "Alright, got four of then pricks coming our way." Daryl called out.

Everyone collectively stood up and got ready to attack. "Alright, you know what to do," he yanked something from the wall. "Go for their eyes first. Then their throats."

"Put your backs to the wall and get on either side of the wall, now!" a man shouted from outside.

Rick nodded at everyone. Ella gripped tighter on the piece of wood. There was footsteps on the roof, Ella furrowed her eyebrows in confusion when she heard that, but she decided they were only there to shoot if anything went wrong on their end. The roof over their heads suddenly opened, they all glanced up at the bright light, shielding their eyes when something dropped right in front of Glenn.

"Move!" Abraham shouted at everyone.

Ella gasped, grabbing Glenn and jumping off to the side as the bomb went off. A grey smoke clouded their vision. Ella coughed over and over again, holding Glenn's shirt in her hands. She squeezed her eyes shut for the smoke was causing them to sting. She felt Glenn being pulled away from her but she couldn't see what was happening. She coughed out Glenn's name, her hand reaching out for him, only to pass out from the smoke a second later.

She just got him back and he was ripped away from her.

____________________________