AWAITING THE STORM

Picking up her chunni that was neatly folded in his closet he locked it and strolling past his bed he slid the glass door and stepped into the balcony.

His body was embraced by the cool wind that soothe his ravaged soul for a while. Standing close to the railing he finally closed  his eyes and bringing her dupatta he inhaled her scent that still gave him goosebumps and set his entire existence on fire.

That night she had not only claimed his virginity but she also claimed his soul.

He belonged to her..

..only her.

That was a fact which can't be changed similar to the fact that even if it was unintentional he did betrayed her by breaking his vow.

He knew that he had committed a sin by not raising his voice against his parent's decision but unfortunately he had no choice at the moment.

Yes he was the Crown Prince but much to his despise he was helpless and most  vulnerable at the moment.

Though he was the Crown Prince but there were too many people and things that were waiting for the oppurunity to take this title away from him and if that happened he will lost the oppurunity not only to claim the throne but he will lost Nandini forever.

He wanted to free Samghar from the rule and tradition of Maharaj having multiple wives and concubines but he could only do so only if he claimed the throne.

Though he doesn't regret his decision of trespassing the borders of Rajghar however he does regret the aftermath of it because of which not only subjects of Rajghar hate him but it also gave his opponent an oppurunity his undisputed claim to the throne.

He would have not married Alia at any cost. He would have found a way to postpone the  the engagement for the moment so that he could work his way to cancel this wedding.

He was not only working on the plan to cancel his wedding but was also working on the plan to ensure that he claimed the throne of Samghar before getting married. And once he did that he would have dismissed the rule only to marry Nandini making her his legal and only consort.

However Nandini's engagement to Madhyam complicates matters now and to top it up her indifferent attitude towards him was killing him every second.

He never wanted to demean Nandini's dignity that's why even after his mother coercion into confessing that whether he likes someone else or not never worked on him. He knew people would never understand his relation with Nandini and would insult their bond by calling names that are downright degrading and demeaning.

They would only see their night as a passing affair and would never be able to witness the purity and depth of their relationship which was everything for them.

He knew she was raged out at him and he very well understood how hurt she must be when she would have found out about the news of his engagement with Alia. He was supposed to return to her what actually returned to her was the news of his betrayal.

He was ready to undergo any number of torture and punishment that she had planned for him but at the same time he was also ready to make sure that not only he would break his engagement with Alia but will broke off Madhyam and Nandini's wedding.

He would any number of torment that Nandini wants him to endure but he will go to any extent to make sure that Nandini stays with him for the rest of his life.

Even his torturous life would be heavenly if Nandini would be the one to torture him staying by his side. He won't even ask her to stop or forgive him..he will simply let her take the lead and will follow her lead..willingly and happily.

Only one thing he will make sure of and that was that soon it won't be her dupatta that he will be embracing rather it will be Nandini who will be in his arms for the rest of their existence.

"I missed you my Princess..I missed you so much.." he looked at the dupatta that he brought back with him while she was sleeping the morning after without knowing that it was the last time he would be watching her like that. Had he known about it he would have brought her along with him..and that's the only decision that he regret.

But not for long "..Thank you for coming back to me.." he inhaled her scent once again and got lost into the precious memory of that night that he spent in her arms..being inside her...

..the best night of his life so far..

..but definitely not the last one.

------------------------------------------------------------------

**Readers please do remember he is Manik..and not a spinless coward who only wants to reap the benefits and run away from his responsibility.

He is our Manik..the perfect one for our Nandini❤❤**