FIRST MOVE.

"What is it Kunwar sa that you wanted to discuss so urgently that you couldnt wait till dawn.."Maharaj asked anxiously.

Manik looked at his gather keeping a poker face "..when can I be given the official seal of Crown Prince Maharaj..who will actually have the ultimate power to make choices rather than simply moving around aimlessly, powerlessly just with the title.."

"What's the rush Kunwar sa.." Maharaj was curious now "..you are about to get married in couple of weeks..you simply focus on that as of now. We will handle you the seal once the right time comes.."

"In that case I would like to pass on my title of the Crown Prince Maharaj.." his eyes widened in horror as Manik made that announcement "..I think you should make your other sons from your other wives/ concubine and set me free from this title and responsibility of being a Crown Prince just for name sake"

"What are you saying Kunwar sa..are you even in your senses. Do you even know what you are saying.." Maharaj couldnt believe it. "You should be thankful that you would be sitting on the throne of Samghar and here you want it pass it on to someone else.."

"What is the use of being a Crown Prince just for name sake Maharaj. I would rather be a banished rebel Prince who won't be able tied up in bondage of title and would be able to take the right decision and acting righteously rather than being a Crown Prince who is simply a pawn without any power." He looked back at Maharaj.

"You can't be serious Manik.." Maharaj was on the edge of getting a cardiac arrest. "..you can't run away from your responsibility..that's not how I have brought you up.."

"I will be eternally grateful to for your guidance Maharaj. But unfortunately I can't continue with this pretence that I am okay with everything that is going around." Manik played his first card. "..I guess I am not worthy enough for the throne Maharaj. You should pass it to someone who is more deserving and worthy of it."

"You are the best choice for the throne of Samghar Manik. No one is more deserving than you..don't you know that.." Maharaj's tone changed into a pleading one "..I am not getting why are you saying all this all of a sudden."

"It's not sudden Maharaj.." Manik replied "..it's just that now finally I collected myself to let you know the truth. I can't be a helpless heir anymore Maharaj..I simply won't be able to pretend this any longer."

"Dont say thing like this Manik.." now Maharaj was begging "..tell me what is that troubling you beta..I am sure we will be able to find a mid way.."

"I won't blackmail my own father.." he though another card "..you haven't raised me like that...rather you have always asked me to speak the truth and that's exactly what I am doing."

"You are doing no such thing Kunwar sa. I am your father and you are simply sharing your thoughts with me. You don't want to be a pawn in the hands of those with power..fine you will be the most powerful king ever who woulnt need any one permission to take a rightful decision. I will issue a decree tomorrow about your Crowing Ceremony with your powers as well. Is there something else you want..tell me and I will give you..tell me.." Maharaj promised so Manik finally played his third card "Cancel my wedding with Alia.."

"We can't directly do that as it might turn Royals against you. However we can postpone the wedding and get you Crowning Ceremony get over with first. Once you become the Official heir you can cancel the wedding yourself." Maharaj suggested that literally made Manik choked in ecstasy that he didn't allow to come on his face.

Finally he got the chance to play his trump card as Maharaj asked him "..anything else beta.."

"I want to meet Pratap sa...so give me the official letter to cross the border to meet him tomorrow.." his words made Maharaj frown "..why Manik.."

Manik's reply literally pulled the ground beneathe his feet "..because I need to inform him that I am going to marry his youngest daughter Rajkumari Nandini in couple of days.."

-----------------------------------------------------------------