A Night Out

Brynn's Pov

That night

-

I guess now would be a good time to start getting ready. Ricky said that he'd come and get me and that we would be hanging out at his place. I haven't told him that he has to meet my mom. I don't wanna scare him off, plus, I don't want her to scare him off. I just met him and he's awesome.

"BRYNN! A BOY IS AT THE DOOR FOR YOU!" I heard my mom's voice yell. Never mind about getting ready.

I put my ratty pair of slip on vans that I've had since I was sixteen.

I ran out to the living room where my mom and Ricky were sitting.

"I'm sorry, that I failed to mention that'd you meeting my mot-" I said before my sister came in, rudely cutting me off.

"Mom, what are- What's Ricky Horror doing in our house?" Katie asked, basically eye-fucking him. It's funny that she thinks she has a chance.

"He's my friend" I said.

"How did you meet him?" She asked, biting her lip. I rolled my eyes

"At Hot Topic yesterday, I gave her my number" he said.

"Can I have yo-" Katie said before I cut her off.

"Come on Ricky, let's get out of here" I said, grabbing his arm and dragging him out of the house.

"Nice family you have there" he said.

"I'm so sorry, did my mom interrogate you at all?" I asked as we walked to his car.

"She started to, she asked me if I had any intentions of marrying you" he said.

"What did you say?" I asked as he started up his car.

"Nothing, you walked in." he shrugged.

"I'm sorry about my sister trying to get your number and my mom interrogating you. My sister is a fourteen year old fangirl, my mom is convinced that we're together and doesn't want me having another kid and the baby daddy takes off with it" I said.

"Speaking of kids, I could help you find your son" he said.

"I know where my son is, just his father is an ass and took away all parental rights and custody from me and he's legally his dad's wife's son now" I told him.

"I'm sorry" he replied.

"Don't be, it was my stupid ass that got him taken away in the first place. I would have been a horrible mother, the hospital had to ween him off of drugs because my dumbass did drugs while I was pregnant" I told him as we pulled up to an apartment complex, I didn't realize that he lived this close to me.

"I'm sure you would have been an amazing mother, Brynn" he said as we got out of his car.

"No, my only motivation to get off drugs was his dad wouldn't let me see my baby until I was clean, then I got clean and his dad sat there and played dumb" I said as he unlocked the door.

"You'll see him again one day, Brynn" he said as we walked into his somewhat clean apartment.

"Maybe" I shrugged.

"Where does he live?" He asked as he went into the kitchen and hung his keys up.

"Tacoma, Washington" I told him.

"That's where my family lives" he said.

"Cool" I said.

"We should take a road trip to find your son, it's not too late to become a part of his life" he suggested.

"I don't know, Ricky" I said.

"Give me a reason why we can't do this" he said, his beautiful grey eyes looking deeply into my green eyes.

"What if something happens to my mom?" I asked.

"Do you have a family member that lives nearby that can watch her?" He asked.

"My aunt lives across the street from me" I said.

"Text your aunt and tell her what's going on, then talk to your mom about it" he said.

"I'll text my aunt, but you're coming with me to lunch withy mom tomorrow so we can talk about it" I told him as he turned on the TV.

"Will do" he said. We cuddled up together and watched family guy together.