Death

Brynn's Pov

-

"I have news for you two and it's not good" the doctor said, coming back into the room.

"What is it?" Ricky asked.

"Are you two sure you want to know?" She asked. We nodded.

"We lost your daughter's heartbeat, we did all we could to get it back, but there isn't much you can do for a seven hour old, fourteen ounce, nine inch long baby girl, she was announced dead at two a.m..." She explained.

Ricky and I stared at her emotionless. It felt as if time had stopped. This hurt so bad that I don't even feel like crying, I feel like that no amount of tears can amount to how much this hurts.

"We need you to fill out the death certificate" She said. Ricky nodded mindlessly. She handed him the paperwork and he filled it out and handed it back to her.

"Would you two like to see... Brandee?" She asked, reading the birth certificate paperwork. Ricky and I nodded. Ricky got up and helped me up, he didn't express any emotion, nor did I.

We followed the doctor to the NICU. We got to the incubator that Brandee was in. She was so tiny, she looked just like Ricky. Now it's really going to hurt to be with Ricky. Our little girl looks just like him.

"I can't do this" Ricky said softly before walking off.