Happy Anniversary

Ricky's Pov

Two days later

-

Things between Brynn and I have gotten worse. We have been non-stop fighting. She's been threatening me by packing her and Jason's shit.

I don't want to lose them, I don't know how I've changed. I still think I'm the same Ricky that she met at Hot Topic and fell in love with.

Today is our one year anniversary. I'm getting her name tattooed onto my chest and I'm going to make her dinner.

"Daddy, who's Jessica?" I heard Jason asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Mommy said that you're gonna leave her to go be with Jessica" he said.

"Jason, I want you to tell your mommy that I am not going to leave her for Jessica" I told him.

"But who's Jessica?" He asked.

"Don't worry about it, she's in my past, now tell your mommy that I'm not gonna leave her" I told him. He ran down the hall. A few seconds later, Brynn came out, she looked more pissed off than usual.

"What?" I asked.

"You said that Jessica is in your past? I remember you telling me that before you cheated on me with her. You're such a fucking liar, Richard" she spat.

"Look through my fucking phone then Brynn! I wanted us to actually get along for our anniversary but here you are picking yet another fight like the fucking bitch that you are. Happy fucking anniversary!" I snapped at her. She looked at me with a shocked look. Normally, I don't have the guts to stand up for myself.

"I-I'm sorry" she stated, quietly, breaking down into tears.

"Don't expect me to comfort you Brynn. You've been a complete and utter bitch to me since Brandee died. I'm fucking tired of being treated like shit. From here on out, I'm only staying with you because of Jason. I do not have custody of him and I don't have parental rights of him, so the only way I'd be able to see him is if we're together" I told her.

"I guess being a bitch is my way of coping with Brandee's death" she shrugged, looking down at the floor.

"As soon as we got to see her, you went bitch mode on me" I told her.

"You just walked out Richard! You left me alone with our dead daughter who looked just like you!" She stated 

"It was hard for me to look at her too, Brynn. She was a spitting image of me, I felt responsible for her death, I didn't get there in time to watch her be born and she died!" I said.

"Ricky, I'm sorry for treating you so shitty these past few weeks, you deserve way better than me. You deserve someone that was never a drug addict, you deserve someone who isn't already a mom, you deserve somebody that doesn't bitch all the fucking time" she sighed.

"Even if I deserved better, I wouldn't leave you, I love you to death, you're an amazing girlfriend when you're not depressed or stressed out, I'm not saying to swallow your emotions but you're a complete bitch when you're upset" I told her.

"You wanna just stop this constant fighting?" She asked.

"Of course, it's not good for Jason to listen to us fight" I replied. She smiled and kissed me.

"You wanna get my mom to watch Jason and we can celebrate this anniversary the right way?" She asked.

"Sure" I said, kissing her.