Wal-Mart

Brynn's Pov

-

"Jason, you hungry?" I asked as we got onto the interstate.

"Yeah! Daddy hasn't given me food in three days! He said that I eat too much!" Jason said.

"Poor kid" Ricky said, not moving his eyes from the road.

"What do you want for dinner, hun?" I asked.

"Food!" Jason said.

"Ricky, what do you want?" I asked.

"Well, I don't want to leave the dogs alone in the car, it's freezing outside, Jason is barefoot and doesn't have jacket, so can we just like go through the drive through at Burger king or something?" Ricky asked.

"Sure, but can we stop at Walmart real quick, so I can run in and grab some stuff for Jason and the puppies real quick?" I asked.

"Yeah, Walmart is right off this exit, I'll stay in the car with the pups, I'll give Jason my jacket so he doesn't freeze" he said as he went through the exit. He was right, Walmart was right there.

Ricky pulled into the parking lot and found a parking space as close as possible to the entrance. Ricky parked and took off his black jacket and handed it to me.

I unbuckled and got out of the car. I went over to Jason's seat and put him in the jacket. One of the puppies was sitting in his lap sleeping. They were pretty pit bulls, I need to tell my mom that I'm bringing a kid and four puppies back with me, she'll be happy once she hears that I got Jason and four blue haired pits- which are my mother's favorite breed of dog, considering that we have two of them at home.

Anyway, I carried Jason out into the cold and walked as fast as I could to the entrance.

I got to the entrance and put Jason into the cart. He was still small enough to fit into the carrier that toddlers are meant to be put in.

"Jason, is there anything I should know before I get you anything?" I asked.

"I have asthma, I have bugs in my hair, I'll eat anything" he said. He had shaggy, greasy, blonde hair. He was skinny as hell and had the same baby blue eyes as his father. He looks just like me.

"Okay, so, I need to get you stuff to treat your hair, a jacket, shoes, socks, underwear, and at least a couple pairs of pants and a couple shirts. For the pups, I need to get dog food, a gallon of water, food and water dishes, collars, leashes and puppy pads" I said as I walked to the little boys part of Walmart.

-

I just got out of checkout. After I got out of checkout, I took Jason into the bathroom and got him dressed. I also combed out his shoulder length hair. I tossed out the clothes he was wearing because they were stained with blood and were very holey.

"Jason, do you feel a lot better since you're wearing clean clothes and your hair is brushed?" I asked as we approached the car, Ricky had one of the puppies in his lap. He is more of a cat person but he was just loving on that puppy.

"Yup! Thank you, mama!" He said.

I opened up the door and put Jason in his seat.

"Ricky, sorry, I took so long, I went ahead and put Jase into some clean clothes" I said.

"It's fine, we need to stop at the gas station before we get back on the road because I smoked my last cigarette, and I want this puppy, he's so sweet! Jason, can I keep him?" Ricky said in one breath.

"Oh, that's Spuds, he doesn't like me. He is scared of me" Jason said.

"Well, let's get food, I'm starving" I said.