14

Eddie's POV

I was sitting on Richie's bed, playing with the sunflower metal piece in my ear. Bev had told me it was good to fidget with the piercing, reduced gunk from building up. I was still waiting for the day I would wake up with my ear red and throbbing.

"Oh yeah, Beverly told me to tell you that she wants her earring back," Ben said. He was sitting cross legged on the floor with a set of headphones on his head.

I groaned, "I don't have any other earrings though, and there's no way I can go out and buy some. If my mom ever caught wind of my piercing - I mean it's hard enough sneaking around the house without her noticing."

Ben shrugged but said nothing further.

Richie stood and left the room. I watched him exit then went back to the comic book in my hands.

X-Men. I wasn't quite sure what edition, only because I had been dazing in and out of different day dreams for half of the story. Not that it mattered, it was unlikely that I hadn't read this strip before. Richie would host comic reading get togethers every other Saturday, but often me and Richie would visit the store the day of a release and then head back to his house to read it together.

Richie returned from wherever the hell he ran off to and then sat next to me on his bed.

"I have other earrings for you," he said, holding out his hand that held a small black stud.

"They look kind of...."

"Punk? Yeah, that's exactly why my mom doesn't like them, but I think it will suit you nicely."

I gulped.

"Here, I'll change them for you," he offers.

I turned so that I am facing towards him. I only slightly feel the sunflower earring taken out of my ear and replaced with the new one.

"You can open your eyes." Richie was laughing.

I didn't even realize that they were closed. When I had my eyes open again I found myself staring at the great Richie Tozier as he laughed and gasped.

I was embarrassed that he was laughing at me, but I also enjoyed being the one to make him so out of breath from laughing.

Which was an odd thing to enjoy but I tried not to question it.

Richie was calm again, and he left me to go over to Ben.

"Here's your girlfriend's earrings," he smirked.

Ben turned bright red and barely caught the earring placing in his hand.

"W-what?"

I bit my cheek to hold in a laugh as Richie turned to look at me for a reaction. He noticed my expression and gave a shit-eating grin. I knew something annoying was coming next.

I was right.

Richie charged at me and pushed me so that I fell back on his bed with him absolutely suffocating me on top of me.

"hugheu" I gasped, "get off of me you fat dickbag!"

I felt Richie's body shake as he chuckled. His body was warm.

"You can laugh at my joked Eddie, I'm fucking hilarious," he whispered in my ear.

I gasped again.

"I have fucking asthma! Get off of me shit face!"

------

I don't even know what this is

heh...