All or nothing

~~~~~~~~~~~prologue~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a magical world, a world full of good magic, but also bad among, most people are not even aware of how magical their world actually is. Because most magic is kept secret. In a dark place. But appearances are deceptive.
Everything has been going well in the dark kingdom since the Kingdom of Corona celebrated its new royal couple,
Queen Rapunzel and King Eugene.

Darkness rules in this kingdom. Because you know that Eugene, who was once an orphan, found out that he is the prince of the dark kingdom. However, he cannot rule it since he married Princess Rapunzel of Corona.

In the dark kingdom:

Queen Rapunzel was still not used to walking around in shoes. How can people walk in these things?
Now don't care. Let's get to the important part.
After the royal wedding, a big celebration was held in the dark kingdom. Kings, dukes and bishops as well as ordinary peasants came from far away. The Queen of Corona had an idea how to solve the problem that no one rules the dark kingdom.

When everyone arrived, Queen Rapunzel stood on the large platform in the hall and looked down at the others.

"I am glad that we were all able to gather in such large numbers: Corona, Saporia, Equis, Vardaros, Adria, West and Ostypsel and many more," Rapunzel began with a broad, friendly smile. Then she cleared her throat and tried to sound more serious.
"What do all these kingdoms have in common? Our kingdoms are ruled like Corona by me and Eugene. For a long time the dark kingdom was swallowed up and not to be seen on any map. And yet look at us. We all stand on the solid ground of the dark kingdom. And besides, the dark kingdom definitely needs a shorter name ...
Well, what I want to say I pondered for a long time and with the consent of the king I want to appoint the new queen of the dark kingdom! I have chosen none other than the most trustworthy and dearest person I know. My best friend Cassandra! "

However ...
Everything stayed calm ...

"Um ... Cassandra?" Everything remained silent and a person was booing. "Okay ... Varian!" Rapunzel called and Varian came running to her.

He also changed because he was one of the guards after saving Rapunzel. He was even her personal bodyguard, ordering Eugene even though he knew that Rapunzel didn't need protection.

With friends
eeverything's easier.

"Varian, where's Cassandra?" She whispered, confused.

"She was there earlier. I don't know where she went."

"Please find her quickly. She'll listen to you."

"When was the last time she listened to me? She is too stubborn. But I'm trying to find her.", Varian then ran to the door that stood at the side of the room and started looking for her.

But Cassandra was in the moonstone room. She sat on the edge and looked down and then over to the moonstone. Her now half-length hair was blowing in the wind.

"You brought us so much trouble. Rapunzel forgave me. But I will never do that."

I hear the opal's voice
Did I ever had a choice?
Now I'm standing here alone
Look over to the moonstone
I am going to you
My dream was really true

But now I'm standing here alone
It's a long way down the waterfall
Between heart and mind
There's a huge wall
And I can't break it
But my heart breaks very easily
But now I'm standing here alone

Whether truth or lie?
I only feel it die
The silent sound
the moon turned me around
And not far from here
The night calls for me

But then, Varian suddenly came in and interrupted her when she was standing right in front of the moonstone. "Cassandra? Everyone is waiting."
She turned to him in shock and wondered what people were waiting for.
"Um ... For me?" She asked confused.

"If not for you then I would not be here now and finally come now," he called to her, already opening the door.
Cassandra looked back at the moonstone one last time and then ran to Varian with a wry smile.
To see him in this uniform ... In the uniform she always wanted to wear ...
It hurts. But she knows she owes it to herself that she will never wear it. She jumped through the open slot and Varian followed.

She went on calmly but fearfully. Of course Rapunzel remained her best friend, but so many things changed. Would she like to talk about the moonstone thing?
In front of all residents of the seven kingdoms ?!

These thoughts didn't leave her head ...

They entered the room and all eyes were on them. Oh dear, it starts well ...
Cassandra took a deep breath and then stood quietly next to Rapunzel.
She curtseyed and said nervously: "Your Highness ..."

"I could say that to you too, Queen Cassandra," Rapunzel said with a giggle and a curtsey.
"Excuse me?" Cassandra asked confused as she looked up during the curtsey. Rapunzel put on a silver crown with blue diamonds on to her.

∆∆ ~~~~~~~~~Chapter 1~~~~~~~~~∆∆
~~~[The darkness is awakening]~~~

∆ Suddenly the whole room clapped ∆ and Cassandra stopped breathing for a second. She looked shocked at the crowd and was confused by what was happening.
Suddenly she felt no support under her legs and everything was blurry. Rapunzel also noticed that something was wrong.

"Cassandra? Are you okay?", She asked worried and slowly walked towards her while Cassandra slowly took a few steps backwards.
Cassandra suddenly realized what was happening and then slowly took off the crown. "Me as a queen? It won't work Rapunzel," she said, handing the crown over to Rapunzel's hands without looking into her disappointed face.

"Cassandra I know you're not looking for that but I'm going to send our best guard with you. Varian!" She called to him and he immediately arrived at the two and bowed.
"Your Highness."
"You will stay here as Cassandra's personal assistant. Since your father is back in the Brotherhood, that shouldn't be a problem for you."

"But surely not your majesty," he said and bowed.
"Stop bowing and better show your new queen your grace."

He turned to Cassandra and looked directly into her pretty brown eyes.
He took her hands and asked in a lovely tone: "Can I now call you Your Highness?"
"Um ... Cassandra is enough," she said only, quickly pulling her hands away.
Rapunzel stepped forward and put her hand on Varian's shoulder from behind.
"That means you accept?"

Cassandra took another deep breath. As a queen you have to make your people happy. But she doesn't even know what makes her happy ...
There are also many who are against the rule.

And as if summoned a familiar voice suddenly called: "You as our queen ?! Firstly, she stole the moon opal and secondly, someone who grew up in the dark kingdom and not under poor conditions should be the king or queen. I mean, is this appropriate clothing for a queen? "Hector asked annoyed as he stepped out of the darkness into the light.

"Um ..." Cassandra started nervously. She never behaved like that. What was going on? Apparently her self-esteem was pushed off the ladder after everything she did ...
She looked down at her hunting gear. "It's comfortable and I sewed it myself. I've been wearing it for a while and it was always okay ..."

"Do you know what Hector?", Rapunzel started and then went closer to him. "You're right. Cassandra hardly knows her way around here and as a queen she is no good."

Cassandra and Varian looked confused at Rapunzel. What was she up to?
"Yet. But someone like you can definitely teach her to be a good and decent queen, right? So now you're hired as a royal advisor."
Hector looked at her in shock.
"What? But you can't do that!"
"She can very well," decided Edmund, who suddenly appeared out of nowhere behind Rapunzel.
"But! That can't be true!"
"Or is it cause someone like you can't do that?" Eugene asked who was now standing next to his father.
"Someone like me? You know what? I'm making her the best queen the world has ever seen!"
Cassandra looked at him in confusion. Does he know that he has just fallen into Rapunzel's trap or not? Well, it was decided. Now it's all or nothing ...