The ball

~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 17~~~~~~~~~~~~

8 days later:
The evening of the ball has come.
All three kingdoms were gathered. Corona, the dark kingdom and Saporia. "Please what? You want Cassandra to ma-", Eugene wanted to say but laughed. Hector stopped him and put his hand on his mouth.
"Psst! Do you want someone to hear it?" They were sitting in Eugene's room with the door closed.
Then Cassandra came to the door.
"Yes, I am making a marriage proposal to Cassandra. But just so that this Asko leaves her alone. It would also be an advantage for all of us. She will become queen and I will finally be king. After all these years there is a chance." Cassandra's eyes whinned in shock.
He wants to take advantage of her...
She tried to continue anyway and therefore went to her room to get ready.
Cassandra was still sitting in front of the mirror wondering if the dress that she was wearing was the right one.
It was a light blue, sleeveless linen dress.
It went to the floor and glittered in the moonlight.
She tried to do something with her hair but it was too short.
She put a silver tiara in her hair but something was still wrong.
"You are beautiful," she heard suddenly from behind.
When she turned around she saw her father.
"Father!" She called excitedly and ran into his arms.
"I couldn't be happier for you. You look fantastic."
"Thank you very much dad! But that's all so new to me..."
"Just be yourself and have fun. This is your ball," he said, kissing her forehead.
"Thanks. I'll be a good queen."

In the ballroom: "Kiera! Catalina!" Queen Rapunzel called when she saw them

In the ballroom:
"Kiera! Catalina!" Queen Rapunzel called when she saw them.
She hugged them tightly.
Both wore beautiful clothes.
Kieras dress was red and Catalinas was blue.
"Yes, dresses are not really my thing but it's a ball," said Kiera with a smile. Lance stood next to them and asked: "Hey Your Highness. Did you happen to see Adira?"
"Adira? Hmm, no." Rapunzel replied confused and her husband Eugene came from behind and gave her a kiss on the cheek.
"Hello my dearest."
"Eugene!" She exclaimed excitedly. "Nice to see you Blondie! I still can't get your blond hair."
"Yes it was a shock but it has to be because Zhan Tiri still has too much power."
"I'm not angry with you. But i am angry with Hector. He should protect you. I should have come with you."
"But I'm fine!" Said Rapunzel, stroking his cheek.
"Brock!" They suddenly heard.
They turned around and Eugene was suddenly hugged by Asko.
"I missed you Brock. Oh, um... the mustache suited you better."
Eugene looked at him annoyed.
"My name is Eugene."
Asko turned ashamed.
"Oh... you're not Brock. I should have noticed. He looks better."
Eugene gritted his teeth in annoyance.

Varian stood next to his father.
"Dad, I was very happy about the gift." "I'm terribly sorry that I didn't have time for you on your birthday. You know the work."
"Of course, I totally understand that. All I have to do is ask you something. And that..."
But there were trumpets and Cassandra suddenly stood at the stairs that led down to the hall.
As she was walking down the stairs, her tiara almost fell down, which she straightened immediately.
She tried to walk elegantly, but then stumbled and fell straight into Asko's arms.
"Your Highness," he said in a polite voice.
"Asko?", She asked and immediately stood up.
She looked at him with fascination.
He wore a black suit with a white shirt and red tie.
As soon as the music started, the two started dancing.
Rapunzel and Eugene also started dancing.
Asko cleared his throat and then said: "Cassandra, I'm glad you can finally live your happy ending."
"I lived my happy ending when I was free! I only feel beset by everyone here."
"Oh dear... That means?" He asked nervously.
"I will have to make the others happy again, even if it makes me... Oh, not so important."
"But I am interested. I am interested in you, your life. Not like some others who only think of their own well-being. I would try everything to make you happy."
Time suddenly stopped.
The two stopped and just looked at each other for a brief moment.
Rapunzel noticed that and she and Eugene stopped too.
As well as everyone else after a short time.

"Just look at that Hector. You have done a great job. She will be a good queen," said Adira monotonously as she joined him at the side of the room.
"What do you mean?" He asked confused.
But then he noticed the two. He turned away slowly with a sad look.
"Are you alright Hector?" Asked Adira. He took a small box out of his jacket pocket and inside was a silver ring with a diamond.
"Hector... what... I can't believe it!"
"It's too late anyway."
"Love is cruel but what did you expect from Cassandra? That she says yes to you after everything you said to her?" Love is cruel? Adira is right there. Mainly because he didn't want to marry her out of love, but only for his own good...
That's why she chose the one who really loves her...
"Oh, a broken heart hurts," a voice suddenly said next to Hector.
Varian was standing there with a gentle smile. "Broken heart? Wait a minute!" "You know, Hector, I was a little bit in love with Cassandra."
"A little bit," Adira whispered with a giggle.
"Yes!" Varian exclaimed somehow annoyed.
"But I'm so happy for her!"
"Then why don't you ask her if she's dancing with you?"
"Well, she likes Asko. And I don't want to get involved."
Hector looked again thoughtfully at the small box and then confidently looked at the two who were still staring at each other.
"Well, I have no problem getting involved!" He said and immediately went to the two.
Adira and Varian watched him in shock.
"Cassandra!" He called as he grabbed her wrist.
She released Asko immediately and looked at Hector in confusion.
But just then, the door cracked open.

The ball