Plus est en moi

~~~~~~~~~~~ Chapter 13 ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassandra didn't come out of her room all day so Hector figured that since he still needs to talk to her anyway, he can bring her dinner right away.
With a knock he entered the room and Cassandra was sitting on her bed with a book.
"Oh, hey Hector!" She called and closed the book.
"I've already finished the first book!" She picked up the red book that was lying on her bed.
"Right now I'm just at the beginning of..."
"Wait!" Interrupted Hector. "You read a 700 page book in one go?"
"Oh no, of course not! I took a coffee break or two. After all, there are more exciting books in the world."
Hector smiled at her, amused.
"Well then you will enjoy tonight." "What? I have to finish reading the book. When I'm done, I'll read all the books again to make sure I've remembered everything."
Now Hector passed the laugh. He put the tray of food on the table and turned to Cassandra.
"I have to talk to you about something in the second book. And I don't think you will like it." Cassandra suddenly looked at him seriously. "What is it?" "Rapunzel has decided that you will be queen. You are not a native queen. Therefore... You cannot be queen if... Before you can officially become queen you have to get married. It actually applies to every king and queen. That's the law."
"I knew something was going to get in my way! Can't I change the law?"
"To change the law you have to be a queen and you won't become a queen if you don't marry."
"But Edmund is still the king, he can do that ..."
"He won't change the law," interrupted Hector. "He promised his already deceased wife that he would never change the law."

Cassandra looked desperately at the ground.
"I know it's hard..."
"I want to be alone now. Please ..." Hector exhaled and then went to the door. He then left the room. Cassandra's owl, sat on the windowsill and tried to get Cassandra's attention.
Cassandra sat down at the table and looked at her owl, disappointed and desperate.
"What should I do now? I want to be queen. But it is not like in a fairy tale that suddenly a man I don't know comes along and proposes to me to marry! But I don't want to get married that way either. Honestly I never thought about it."
She prodded her potato salad with a fork and the smell of a delicious supper distracted her from her thoughts. She started eating and later went to bed.

The next morning she noticed that the caravan was not moving. She went out and Rapunzel was sitting on the floor scribbling something in her diary. "Good morning, Your Highness," she said, looking over her shoulder.
"Oh Cass. I also wish you a good morning."
"Thanks. Do you know where Hector is? I need to talk to him."
Her tone was concerned. As if she had to discuss a very important topic with him. "He makes us pancakes."
"Hector can bake?" Cassandra asked confused.
Oh dear, it didn't seem like it to him at all.
"I don't know if he can. He just said that he will do it."
Cassandra entered the caravan again and she smelled something burned. She went to the kitchen and saw a big fire on the stove. She already looked nervous when he noticed her.
"Hey Cassandra."
Then some dough slapped him from the ceiling on the head. Cassandra couldn't help but laugh. She went to the stove anyway and put it down laughing while Hector tossed the dough away. "Oh Hector. At least You're more talented than a fighter. Oh wait, I hit you there too."
She continued to laugh and a knife hit her on the cloak and held her against the wall. "Don't play with me Cassandra! Otherwise it can quickly get pretty ugly here."
Her laughter passed quickly. Hector took a second knife and fastened it to the other side of the cloak. He slowly came up to her and she looked at him in shock.
"What? Are you afraid my queen?"
Not a word came out of her lips. "What's going on here?!" Rapunzel called when she came in at the right moment.
Hector immediately removed the knives. "What? Nothing happened here!" He called nervously. Rapunzel looked at him suspiciously. Then she noticed her frying pan, her burnt frying pan.

"Oh dear, that was my best weapon!" She looked back at Cassandra and Hector. "You two should be friends. We're all friends!"
Hector crossed his arms and looked away in annoyance. Rapunzel left the caravan and then Hector looked back at Cassandra and she was silent. Then she started talking.
"You know, Hector, she's right. I'm going to get us something to eat now and you're waiting outside at Rapunzel's. And the cloak..."
"It's okay. I sew it."
"No. I prefer to do that myself," Cassandra said with a giggle. Then Hector got angry again and pressed Cassandra against the wall on one shoulder and whispered in a mysterious and dangerous voice:"You think you are better than me, don't you? But I know exactly what you have in mind as a moon princess."
"What do you call me?" She asked confused.
"I will protect Rapunzel and all the inhabitants of the dark kingdom and of corona. And if you think to put all parts of the moonstone together to regain your strength so that you can destroy them all, then you are wrong. Because if that is your plan, then I swear, I'll be your worst nightmare."
With these words, he let go of her and left the caravan. Shocked, Cassandra slowly slid down the wall to the floor. Cassandra's owl flew in through the open window and sat on the floor with her. "Hey owl. You saw that, didn't you?" She scratched the head of her owl, which howled happily.
"Will I ever convince him of myself? Only if I can become a good queen. I will be a good queen. Actually, I wanted to talk to him, because I wasn't sure about getting married. But that will take longer because I just want to get married for love. But hopefully he'll accept me as a queen and see that I'm no longer angry. Maybe I can prove it to him beforehand.

"Cassandra got up and cleaned everything away when she heard music from outside. She looked out the window and saw Rapunzel playing on her guitar and Pascal dancing on the floor. She heard Hector laugh and he definitely had a gentle core. He just has to show himself.

5 months ago:
Cassandra rode off. In her green outfit with the narrowed bag, she rode on Fidella. She arrived on a hill and looked back again. She left Corona and his residents to see the world. Not all of them have forgiven her yet. So it was better that way!
Maybe she will find her fate along the way.

The wind blows it all
The world seems so small
I'm finally on my own
And go alone
I could get through
And dream of a new goal that is called my home
I want to experience something new
A world without worry and fear that no one has ever known
I'm me
I am free
And i'll never stay
Just me
Simply free
I don't live life in one way
Every dark night is cold
But my hope gives me a warm feeling Everything looks so different,
I'm finally free
Leave everything behind and start again
I'm me
I am free
And i'll never stay
Just me
Simply free
I don't live life one way
Oh, no pain
No more grief
Only me
Don't feel empty
My fate is not far away
I learned 'Plus est en moi'...

It was already dark and Cassandra was sitting at a tree. She made herself comfortable around a campfire and wrote something in a book.
Then Cassandra's owl flew onto a branch in the tree.
Cassandra noticed this and closed the book. She looked up and giggled
"Owl! Don't you know that diaries are private?"
Owl looked at Cassandra suspiciously and flew to her knees. Cassandra opened the first page and read what was on the cover: "Plus est en vous." The owl cocked its head and Cassandra stroked her head.
"That means 'there's more in you." Cassandra took off the cassandrium chain she took with her. But then something rustled in the bushes.

Plus est en moi