The escape

~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 14~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the present:
"I was on the road for five months and i was happy. Now I've been back for three weeks and everything is going wrong..." Cassandra said sadly and pressed her white pillow to her face in her locked room.
Then she lay down on her bed to rest. But she heard a knock on her door. "Cassandra?" Rapunzel asked. Cassandra got up from her bed and went over to the door. She leaned her forehead against the door and closed her eyes. "Rapunzel?" She asked calmly as she slowly opened the door and then sadly said, "I don't want to disappoint you Rapunzel but..."
"Why should there be a reason for that?" Rapunzel asked confused.
"I don't want to be a queen!" She suddenly burst out.
"Cass ... Believe me, I can understand how..."
"No Rapunzel! You have no idea what it's like to be locked up!", Cassandra interrupted. But then she realized what she was actually saying.
"Right Cassandra... I have no idea what it's like to be locked up..." she said with a sarcastic tone. With these words, she suddenly ran away.
"No Rapunzel! I..." Cassandra called after her and stretched out her arm. But she knew right away that there was no point in running after her.
So she went into the caravan, put Hector's cloak in her own room, and added a letter. Then she quietly left the caravan so that no one heard her. She unbuckled Fidella from the caravan. Maximus snorted while Axel looked at Cassandra in confusion. She whispered cautiously:"I'm leaving. Not forever but until there is a new queen. There are umpteen women who are better suited for this. Sorry Max. Take care of Rapunzel."
She gave him a kiss on the forehead and then sat on Fidella and rode off.

In the meantime:
Eugene couldn't think clearly in the dark kingdom, he had so many worries, especially about Rapunzel. He was just entering Varian's laboratory, slamming his door. "Hey kid!"
Varian was working on a new experiment. He mixed a pink liquid with a green one. But when Eugene burst in, he was so startled that he poured the bottle with the pink substance all the way into the green one. This caused an explosion and Varian came out to Eugene after a short time coughing and with messy green colored hair. "Eugene!" He shouted angrily.
"What is so important?!"
"I can't concentrate. I'm always thinking of Rapunzel."
Varian let out a breath. But it was understandable and he started to smile. He turned to Eugene and said "Don't worry. Hector is rude, but what's the baddest thing that could happen?"

In the caravan:
"I lost Cassandra!"
Hector called into Rapunzel's room, which was open. Rapunzel immediately jumped up from her bed and shouted in shock: "What ?!"
She ran up to him and looked desperately up at him.
"How can you lose a person?!" she asked angrily.
"She left this in her room," he said in monotone, handing the letter to the young queen.
As she read, he threw on the cloak. Rapunzel read aloud:

"Dear Rapunzel I'm so sorry.
I tried to do everything right.
Better than before.
To rehabilitate me.
Make up for my deeds.
But I do that best when I'm alone and free.
I don't want to disappoint anyone and so I have to go.
Find a new queen. It's better this way. Cassandra "

"Pff ... Don't disappoint anyone ... She disappointed me by going," Hector said, leaning against the wall and timidly stroking his hair.
"I'm not happy about it either. But we have to let her go ..."
"After everything that happened? Your hair is 21 meters long! How should we fix that without Cassandra?"
Rapunzel smiled at him and then slowly walked over to him.
"Then we should find her."
While they were getting ready, Cassandra was very far away. She rode a mountain on Fidella. There was an apple tree next to it and she looked down into the landscape.

She recognized the sea, a harbor and in front of it a wide green meadow with lots of small flowers

The smell of the ocean rose in her nose, the light wind blew through her hair and finally she felt liberated.
She snatched an apple from the tree and fled to herself:"The eternal ocean, huh? If we cross it then... we're both free forever."
Then she heard a howl and her owl was sitting on a branch of the apple tree. "All three of us."
She put the apple in her pocket and pulled on Fidella's reins so that she started running quickly.
Owl flew after them. At the port, an employee brought Fidella into the stable of a ship and Cassandra entered the deck. Cassandra stumbled through the large crowd. She fell straight into the arms of a young man who grabbed her wrists to keep her from falling. Already she was looking into mysterious brown eyes.
His hair was blood red. "I was probably at the right place at the right time," he said with a smile. His voice was warm and so familiar. He was wearing a black cape and black clothing.
"Do you recognize me M'Lady?" Cassandra just stared at him in confusion.
"It's me, Asko!"
Suddenly it shot through her like lightning and she pushed him away in shock. "Asko?!"
Some people already turned around after this event. But Asko continued to smile politely at Cassandra.
"Are we going to keep talking in my cabin, okay Cassie?"

A short time later:
"I really didn't think to see you again Cass," Asko said and put his cloak aside. Cassandra sat on the sofa in the cabin and looked at the young man suspiciously without saying a word. This made him laugh.
"Oh Cassie ... Still in transit?" He asked without turning to her and lighting a red candle. Cassandra nodded silently. "I like your new clothes. Seems like you've settled somewhere."
"It was a tough time all by myself. That's why I returned to Corona."
"It's nice to see old friends again, isn't it? Just like now. But tell me, what are you doing here?"
"I guess I need some freedom again. I haven't discovered my destiny yet." With a smile, Asko turned to Cassandra. "I'll help you find it. That's the least I can do for you. After that night..." He reached for her hands and let a shiver run down her spine. "... I only dreamed of your beautiful eyes..."

Sketch of Asko

Sketch of Asko

The escape