Friends can hurt you too

~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 7~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rapunzel, Varian and Cassandra were on their way to Morte Vicina in their new caravan.
The trees blocked their view as they were driving through a thick forest. Even when they were sitting by the reins in front, they could barely see the road.
"Okay Rapunzel ...", Cassandra started and drew the sword Rapunzel broug.
"They look like normal swords. I think someone lied to you."
"Yes, but that's a disguise for sure!" She said confidently.
"He said he was a friend."
"Did you know him before?" Varian asked suspiciously and Cassandra also looked at Rapunzel suspiciously with an eyebrow raised.
"No but..."
"So he isn't a friend," Cassandra interrupted and put the sword back in.
"The main thing is that we all have a sword now."

And by then they arrived at the entrance to the cave.
The three got off the caravan.
"The caravan doesn't fit through there," said Cassandra, tying off the horses.
"Let's go," she said and went ahead with one of the horses. Rapunzel took the other horse and followed her.

"Hey Cassandra!" Varian called and ran to her. "Why are you so stiff again?" He asked nervously, stroking the back of his head.
"Again?"
"Well ... before you became queen and actually before you ..."
"Before I took the moonstone?" She asked softly.
"Frankly yes ..."
"Okay, I have to shut myself up a little bit because ..."

"Uh guys ..." Rapunzel interrupted in a frightened tone.
Varian and Cassandra turned and then saw light blue ghosts emerge from the floor.
Cassandra reacted immediately and drew her sword the moment she ran towards the ghosts. She cut one of the ghosts apart in the middle.
"The swords are working ...", Cassandra whispered in fascination to herself. When Rapunzel heard this, she took two more swords out of her pocket that hung on one of the horses.

"Varian!" Rapunzel called and he turned to her quickly. Then she threw the sword at him and he immediately destroyed a ghost behind him.
"Hey! It's fun!" He called out with a crazy laugh.

Rapunzel and Cassandra looked at him worriedly. Varian realized and then giggled nervously. But then he noticed a ghost behind Rapunzel. "Rapunzel!" He called warningly. "Behind you!"
She reacted quickly and destroyed it.

"There are too many!" Rapunzel shouted as more ghosts appeared from all directions.
"I'm luring some of them away from you!" Cassandra called, running deeper into the caves.
At that very moment, Eugene and Hector came running in. Apparently they left their horses outside.
Eugene immediately ran to Rapunzel. "Sunshine! Are you okay?", He asked in shock and gave her a kiss on the forehead.
"Yeah, I'm fine. What are you doing here?"
"I'm asking the questions here! Are you pregnant ?!"
"Oh yes ..." she replied nervously.
"Hector!" Varian called, handing him the sword. "A sword?" Asked Hector, confused. "A magical sword! I'm staying here and you have to save Cassandra! She ran deeper into the caves!"
Hector nodded courageously and said, "All right."
And he ran.

But the many ghosts had already surrounded Cassandra and there was a wall behind her. One of them suddenly struck the sword from her hands. Nor did she know what to do now. Suddenly Hector appeared in front of her and tore apart all ghosts which has been there and they immediately disappeared.
Cassandra put both hands on his right shoulder and asked in shock, "Hector?! What are you doing here ?!"
"Hold back! Eugene brought me to save you!"
Cassandra let go and took a step back.
But then she put on a brave look and said: "Oh yes? Then please tell Eugene that I don't need any help!"
Then she ran over to her sword, bent down to take it during the race, and destroyed more spirits with a jump.

"Do you see?" She asked confidently.
"Good. Now we have to get out of here!"
They were about to run but a huge ghost hand reached for her.
"Woah-"
"Cassandra!"
Then Cassandra noticed the face of a ghost girl. "Zha- Zhan Tiri ?!"
"Hello Cassandra. Oh, wasn't it easier when you had the power? Over the moonstone, over the world and over ... your mind. Come back to the dark side!"
"What ?! Never!" She cried angrily.
Then an illusion of the moonstone appeared and the melody of Cassandra's previous music box appeared. The illusion slowly approached her and disappeared just before her face. Cassandra's eyes went blue for a moment. But then Zhan Tiri disappeared with a cry that Hector hit her with the sword.

Cassandra fell down now but Rapunzel shouted: "Hector!"
She tossed her hair to him and the two made a hammock out of it and she fell into it.
"Cassandra!" Rapunzel called and immediately ran to hug her.
"Rapunzel ..." Cassandra whispered and hugged her too.
When Rapunzel let go, she said, "We have defeated all spirits."
"Good. So that means we can go back," said Hector as he joined them.
The two got up and Cassandra said, "Back? But we have to go on."
"No! We're riding back to the dark kingdom!" He said, reaching for her wrist.
"Uh ... Hector! I'm the queen! And you let go of me immediately!"
Instead of letting go, he turned angrily to her. "For your information, if I hadn't been there to save you, you couldn't be a queen anymore! Because you would be dead now!"

Cassandra looked away nervously, but her eyes remained fixed. "I would have found another solution and defeated it ..."
"Oh? Well then!" Hector called and released her. He took a few steps back and said: "Then you will surely defeat me too. We will fight without swords! Oh and just in case I ... accidentally stab you, it wouldn’t matter because you are a terrible queen and I hate you!"

"Guys! You can't fight now!" Rapunzel called.

Cassandra didn't cry because of that but it hurted.
"I know that I'm a terrible queen. And I ... no, just forget it."

With these words, she ran away, further into the cave.

Friends can hurt you too ...