The truth

~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 16 ~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So Cassandra. Come out!" Rapunzel exclaimed excitedly.
The others, Varian, Eugene, Hector, Adira, Andrew and Caine, also sat in the room.
Cassandra was in a small cabin after putting on the new uniform.
"Are you sure Raps?"
"Yes! Andrew helped me!"
Then Cassandra pulled the curtain aside and exclaimed, annoyed:"That explains a lot."
Varian, Hector and Andrew suddenly blushed.
It was a short black skirt and a white short-sleeved shirt with a blue bow. "Abadaba..." Varian stuttered.
"Varian?" Hector asked, sitting next to him on the sofa in surprise.
"It's really nice on you!"
Rapunzel cried and hugged Cassandra. "Be careful Rapunzel!"
She blushed and pulled down her skirt. Varian grabbed Hector's shirt and tried to hide the red on his face, causing Hector to laugh.
The situation was very uncomfortable. "Yes you have..."
But then Rapunzel fell over.
Before that, Eugene quickly caught her. "Blondie?!"
"Don't worry my love. It's only because of the pregnancy."
He hugged her worriedly and left the room with her.
"I'll get you to bed quickly."
Then Andrew got up and Caine watched him suspiciously.
"Oh Cassie, you are so beautiful." She looked at him annoyed.
"Only the bow is still missing."
"Bow?!" Then he turned her around and grabbed a blue bow in her hair. "Voilà!"
Cassandra hid her blushed face in her hands.
"This is a nightmare."
Then Hector got up laughing and said:"Why? You look adorable. Like a real lady-in-waiting. The only thing you can be good at."
At the last sentence, he raised her chin slightly. But then Cassandra got angry. She slapped him across the face and angrily left the room.
"I'll see my lady-in-waiting later in my room!" Andrew called but then Lady Caine got up and slapped Andrew, whereupon she also left the room.
"Hey, what did I say wrong?!" he called angrily after her.
"It's clear. She's jealous."
"Of course. Any woman would like to be my wife. But Cassandra has just won the big draw," he said with a laugh. "Stay away from Cassandra!"
Varian got up annoyed and said:"Can you stop arguing about Cassandra? I have to think."
Both looked at him in shock.
"So there is nothing to argue about," said Andrew.
"Cassandra clearly likes me more." "Firstly, she doesn't and secondly, I wouldn't care."
"Someone is jealous. I'm sure Cassandra is getting ready for me."
"For you?" Hector asked confused.
"Of course. She doesn't know yet but she will be my personal lady-in-waiting and then I'll ask her if she wants to marry me."
"So that's your plan!" Hector shouted angrily, pushing Andrew against the wall.
"You just want to get to the throne!" Varian tried to stop Hector and ran towards him.
"Hector wait-"
But he immediately pushed him away and clenched his hand into a fist.
"Let's see if Cassandra still likes you when I'm done with you!"
In the meantime, Cassandra was standing in front of a ladder to clean the paintings.
"But then she got angry again and kicked the ladder.
"What's wrong with the two of them?!" But then the blonde man came from behind.
"I'm not sure, but I don't think that it's the ladder's fault."
He started to laugh and so did Cassandra.
"Hey William."
"Are you angry?"
"Oh really?" she said with a laugh.
"My friends are pretty idiots."
"I can assure you all Saporians are idiots." he whispered and then laughed. "Fortunately I was born somewhere else."
"Oh yes?" Cassandra asked interested. "My adoptive mother doesn't want to tell me where I was born or who my parents are."
"I'm sorry," she said sympathetically. "It's okay. I'll be fine."
But Varian came running.
"Cassandra! Cassie!" She immediately turned to him.
"Varian what happened?!" she asked in shock.
"Hector and Andrew! The two-"
"You don't have to say anything more. I understand," she said annoyed and started to run.
"What happened?" Asked William, confused.
"The two fight and-"
"Wait and there you send Cassandra?" "You don't know her as well as I do!" Varian then ran and William quickly followed.
Cassandra was just running into her room and grabbed Hector's wrist to stop him.
"Hector stop immediately!"
Suddenly an illusion appeared to him, a memory of a woman with long black hair.
He immediately let go and fell back, crashing into a table.
"Argh... Cassandra!" He called angrily. "Are you crazy?!"
"What I do is none of your business!" Then he got up and wanted to go.
But Cassandra quickly stopped him by standing in front of him.
"You won't just leave now!"
"Cassandra get out of my way!"
He shoved her slightly to the side and she looked after him in confusion. "Something is wrong with him."
"What do you mean?" Asked William, confused.
"He wasn't as aggressive as usual."
But then Andrew got up and shouted angrily:"So I think he was very aggressive!"
They turned to him and were startled. "Why are you staring at me like that?" "Hector got you a little..." Cassandra said nervously.
"But I'll fix that. Varian, are you going to check on Hector, please?"
He nodded.
"Yes, I will."
And then he started to go.
"Will you wait for me in the yard? I'll be right there!"
He also nodded kindly.
"Of course."
Then Cassandra and Andrew set off and he asked annoyed: "Why do you want to meet that guy?"
"Why shouldn't I? I still have time today. My work will start tomorrow."
"Yes, but why he?"
Cassandra started to laugh.
"Is someone jealous?"
"Of course. After all, you are mine."
She looked away annoyed.
"Haven't you noticed that I don't like you?"
"Oh Cassie... The longer you deny your feelings for me, the harder it will be for you."
Cassandra rolled her eyes in annoyance and they arrived in his room.

The truth