Off to Morte Vicina

~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 5~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In front of the restaurant doors:
Rapunzel was already running out but Cassandra sat still and said: "Go in without me. I'll wait here."
"But not alone," said Rapunzel and ordered: "Varian, please stay with her."

"Of course Rapunzel," he replied, sitting down with Cassandra.
In the meantime, Rapunzel entered the wooden building.
There was a lot going on inside. It almost reminded her of the Snuggly ducking restaurant. But only almost. Because everything in this house was luxurious and perfectly furnished. Everything looked so expensive and cheesy. White and blue colors adorned the room.
The window frames were made of black ebony, the walls were wallpapered in a light blue and a large red carpet was right at the entrance.

Rapunzel was already looking forward to the caravan. She went over to the counter behind which stood an older man with blond hair and a mustache.
"Welcome lady. What do you want?" The man asked politely.

"Oh, I need a caravan. A stable one with lots of space. It should withstand the 'morte vicina' caves and the eternal ocean."

"Morte vicina ?!" asked the old man in shock. "But don't you know how dangerous these caves are? The name means near dead! It means that evil spirits have been haunted there for thousands of years! Nobody dares to get in there! And if you do, you can't get out alive!"

Rapunzel looked away thoughtfully. If that's true, then it would be a bad idea to enter these caves.

"Bad spirits?" A voice called from behind. Rapunzel turned and there was a young man with black hair and blue eyes.
"I have something against that."

"Who are you?" Rapunzel asked suspiciously and raised an eyebrow.
"Well, who you are I can only guess. Barefooted girl with short brown hair on the way to a dangerous cave. Rapunzel. Your Highness," he said with a bow.
"Well. So you know who I am. Let's get back to my question, who are you ?!", she asked, sounding a bit annoyed.

"I'm a friend. At least I'd like to be. I have swords with which you can destroy spirits," he said and took out three swords.

How does he know there are three of us?
Rapunzel wondered. She looked at Pascal who was sitting on her shoulder and he gave her a suspicious look.

"Um ... And how much are you asking for all three swords?" She asked him.
"Oh please. You are the Queen of Corona! It would be an honor for me to give you these swords as gifts."

Rapunzel would normally be very careful in such a situation, but this mission was too important to think for a long time. "Then I thank you," she said. With this sentence she took the swords and carefully turned back to the counter.

The young man smiled at her but then went on as if nothing had happened and he was just a simple visitor who did not speak to anyone.

"Well ... As I said, we need a stable caravan."

Meanwhile in Corona:
Eugene looked shocked at Adira and whispered to himself: "Oh dear ... what is she doing here?" But Lance just smiled. He ran towards Adira and then dropped to his knees in front of her. "Welcome here at the castle M'lady! I ...", but she went right past him.

He got up and shouted, "Okay, if you need anything I'm here!"
"Eugene ..."
"Adira."
"I assume you don't know anything about Rapunzel's trip," she began.
"Trip? She just visits Cassandra and Varian in the dark kingdom," Eugene said confused.
"Ignorant as always fishskin. The moonstone is active again. Rapunzel and Cassandra have to stop Zhan Tiri again."

"HOW PLEASE? WHAT ?!" exclaimed Eugene in shock. "And she says nothing to me ?! I will follow her immediately!"
"I thought so. That's why I have a map here. The dark kingdom is on your way. Please take Hector with you. Although I know from my own experience that he is an annoying travel company, he is also a good fighter. Me and Lance will take care of your tasks in time. "

Then Lance came up to Adira and exclaimed excitedly: "Did I just hear me and Lance? Don't worry Adira, I will do everything for you."

Back at the others:
"Listen Cass," Varian started, looking at Cassandra's sad face. "I know that the changeover is difficult ..."
"Not only that!" Interrupted Cassandra. "The moonstone has its magic back and is able to destroy the world! I can't handle it!"

"Do you know what I think? You focus too much on your actions. Focus on the goal. You try to be a queen, you just have to be one."

Cassandra was already smiling. "Where did you get all this wisdom from?" She asked, giggling. "Flynn Rider. I still read the books. There are sayings like this in there. One of my favorites is 'The only thing that makes you invisible to the world is the mask you wear all your life.' "

Cassandra smiled at him. "I think this applies to me too."
But her smile evaporated. "But how can I take off my mask when I don't know how people would react to my face," she said and looked away from Varian.

Then they felt something strange about the carriage. They both went out and saw Rapunzel release the horses from the carriage.
"Hey Rapunzel. What are you doing?" Varian asked.
"Hey, I'm fine. Look at the swords. I put them back," said Rapunzel and then the two three swords were leaning against a stone.

The two went closer and each took a sword. "Oh wow ... what are they for? We have swords with us. At least I do. Besides, they are very blunt," said Cassandra.
"I suppose it has to be that way. I have learned that there is haunted Morte vicina and these swords can destroy ghosts."

Then she went back to the restaurant with the two horses. Or rather, behind the building.
"I think someone told her a big lie," Varian said with her arms crossed and Cassandra watched Rapunzel with doubt.

Off to Morte Vicina