I am sorry

~~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 8~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cassandra looked up and then the blade fell down on her...
But... nothing happened.
She looked up and the dagger was hanging over her.
But it was held by someone.
Cassandra saw him throw the dagger away and bend down.
Then she recognized his face.
It was Hector...
"You really managed to free yourself. Impressive."
While Cassandra put on her boots and didn't even look at him, she said:"It was hard work, after all you've left me here."
She coughed again because it was too much smoke.
She held her mouth and still coughed. She leaned against the wall trying to get up.
"Can you walk?" He asked in a caring tone.
But shortly afterwards she fell back coughing.
"Of course, stupid question," said Hector, rolling his eyes.
He reached for her arms and pulled her up to him.
They left the fire together while he supported her.
They arrived at the bottom where there was already a mine car on the rails. Hector let go of Cassandra and she stretched out exhausted.
Then she noticed a staircase that led to two levers that apparently steered the mine car.
It was just a little less than ten steps so Cassandra went down there and looked at those levers.
There were two signs above it.
The entrance gate was on one side and the lock on the other.
What was meant by that?
"We should go back to the front gate. We'll surely meet the others there."
So she flipped the lever and metallic squeeking sound was heared.
The rails folded.
Cassandra came back and looked at the little mine car.
"It's far too small for the two of us.
One of us should drive first and send the mine car back," said Cassandra. "The only thing is that I can't trust you," said Hector, arms folded.
"Well then you drive first." But then they smelled something burning and when they turned around the fire was only a few meters away from them. "How is that possible?!" Cassandra called in shock.
But then Hector grabbed her arm and pulled her into the car.
He immediately sat down next to her and put his feet on the edge of the car, which normally held on.
And then on Cassandra's side...
Then Cassandra noticed something wet on the floor and was disgusted with the unknown liquid.
He started the car with a lever on his side and it started slowly and became faster...
"Hector, put your feet out of here!" She called disgusted.
"Sweety, that's something completely natural," he said, crossing his arms behind his head to make himself more comfortable.
"My fist on your face is also a natural thing!" She cried angrily, clenching her hands into fists.
"You should also be careful, otherwise..."
At that very moment Cassandra felt a hand on the back of her head pulling it down.
She looked up as the hand let go and noticed Hector lifting his head from behind.
Behind them was a wooden bar and they dodged at the last moment. "Otherweise what?" He asked stubbornly.
"Only my hairstyle was destroyed by stupid wood chips."
"I've always hated those braids anyway."
Annoyed, Cassandra turned away. But then she noticed on one side how the flames caught up with them.
She looked to the other side and that was where they came from.
"Hector!" She pointed to the burning wall and he immediately called in shock,
"What? How is that possible?"
"Don't you notice that the house is magical?!"
He immediately put his legs down and pressed the lever again so that the car could drive even faster.
Cassandra almost fell backwards but held on in time.
The beams were already burning through the fire.
"We can't get through this!" Cassandra cried, scared.
"Yes. You do."
"What, i- Woah!" Already he threw her over the beams, but she immediately landed back in the car.
She had only bumped her head. "Hector?" She asked quickly when she calmed down.
He wasn't in the car.
"Hector?!"
"I'm fine," she heard then. He hung on the edge of the car and held on to his hands.
He came up and looked ahead where the fire was already on the rails.
"The metal car will melt and we will burn..."
"What?! No, I won't let that happen!" She looked up.
The rails lead up and just above there is a ceiling.
Only then the fire comes.
So there would be a chance!
She grabbed his wrist and lifted it up to look at his weapon.
"Your double-rimmed blade sword! If you pull it up at the right angle, we can save ourselves on the ceiling!"
"It won't work!" He shouted angrily.
But when she looked at him, she clearly saw fear in his eyes.
This despair...
"But... this is our last chance. We have to risk it.
And..." She put her hand on his and said,
"There is no other solution."
He looked at her silently but then nodded.
The car drove quickly up the mountain. "As soon as we're at the top, you will extend your blade!"
He nodded and it was time.
He extended them and Cassandra quickly gripped his shoulders. The car melted and there was a fire beneath them.
"Done..." Cassandra whispered.
"Yeah. So what do we do now?" Cassandra's face quickly went pale.
She tried not to look him in the eyes and gripped his shoulders.
"Cassandra!"
"I haven't thought any further okay?!", she called guiltily.
"Great! Another stupid idea of ​​yours!" "My plan was to leave you guys all alone from the start! Because I knew what a terrible person I am!" She leaned her cheek against his back and started crying.
"I am useless..."
Hector just looked away, annoyed.
"Can you stop watering my shirt?"
His blade suddenly slipped...
"Damn! It won't last long!"
"I'm sorry!" Cassandra called suddenly. "I don't know why you want to kill me... but I'm sorry!"

I am sorry