So a new journey started ...

~~~~~~~~~~~Chapter 4~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the Kingdom of Corona
Eugene sat on his throne and looked at a long list of residents' requests.
And the list was very long ...
He looked around the room and there were only guards.
Life as a king was definitely more boring than he imagined ...

Annoyed, he cocked his head. "Hmm, I wonder what Lance is doing ..."

He got up slowly. "The list can wait too. After all, I'm the king!"

He then ran out of the hall and up to Lance's room.
"Hey buddy!" He called when he came through the door but then he was shocked when he found Lance and Maximus in a mountain full of food.

"What's going on here ?!" he called in shock. "Where does all the food come from ?! Max, why aren't you at your post?"

Max just grinned and then bit into an apple with relish.
"We ordered the food. I thought as a consultant to the king I had earned something delicious!"

Eugene replied annoyed: "Nobody ever said that you are my consultant! Tell me ... is that my wallet?", He asked, pointing to a wallet lying on a chest of drawers further back.

"Well ... you have enough money as a king."
"And enough to do!" He exclaimed, then dropped into an armchair.

Then Lance appeared next to him. "I guess you miss your old life. What does the king think of it when we stop by the snuggling duckling!"

"Don't say you're still hungry? But yes, that's a good idea! I earned some free time. Besides, my duties don't run away!" Exclaimed Eugene and jumped up.

The two rode Maximus and another black horse to the snuggling duckling.

In the meantime with the others:

Varian was still sleeping in the carriage, but then he felt something wet on his face. Slowly he woke up and the first thing his eyes saw was Ruddiger licking his face with his wet tongue.

"Eww Ruddiger!" Varian chuckled.
"How did you get here?" He asked confused.

"We took a break at night. He must have tracked you down," said Cassandra. She sat in front of him and stretched.

"Good morning my queen," he said, smiling with a slight bow. "

"Varian, you don't have to call me that. We're friends and I'm not a queen yet."

"I guess you're right. Where's Rapunzel?"
"She's sitting on the roof. Oh, and we're going to a restaurant nearby to get something to eat and get a caravan. There's hardly any space in this carriage."

"Yes, it was really uncomfortable."

'Dear Diary
One night is now over. Cassandra and Varian didn't notice but I couldn't sleep half the night! I was too excited! A new journey begins and I don't have to feel like a queen. Although Eugene really liked it. I miss him much.
It is also nice to see Cassandra again! Not Queen Cassandra or Moon Cassandra. Or what should I call her? It's just Cassandra now. Wild and free as it's used to be.
And Varian can relax too. He doesn't have to be Cassandra's bodyguard since we're just free now. If we rent a caravan at the restaurant, he can certainly devote himself to alchemy again ...
See you tomorrow dear diary’

"Hey Punzie!" Rapunzel heard. Then she noticed Cassandra climbing through the hatch.
"Hey Cass," she replied only and then closed her diary.
Both just smiled at each other but then they hugged at the same time.
"Oh my god, Rapunzel I missed you so much!"
"Oh yes, me too!"

"Hey, can I get a hug too?" Varian asked, who was suddenly sitting next to them.
Rapunzel and Cassandra let go halfway and looked at Varian with a smile.

Then Cassandra held out her hand. "Of course Varian," she replied and he reached for her hand. He immediately fell into the arms of the two. "You know, such a hug with friends ... is good for the soul," he said in a soft voice and snuggled up to them as if he hadn't seen them in years.

Both looked at him with a smile and then laughed. "What's there to laugh about?" He asked confused.
"Nothing," Cass replied. "You are just something special."

Varian blushed slightly and said embarrassed, "Oh, I'm not. You two are queens!"
"No, just Rapunzel. I'm nothing special and I don't want to become anything special," said Cassandra and then turned away from the two.

Varian and Rapunzel looked sadly at each other and then at Cassandra. But then they noticed the restaurant.
"Hey, we're here," Varian called, pointing to the front. Cassandra also noticed the big wooden house.

"Oh yes! Let's get off the roof," said Rapunzel.

In the meantime:

Eugene and Lance arrived at the snuggling duckling.
Then Lance opened the door and shouted: "Boom baby! Watch out, the king is in the house!"
Then he stepped aside and his own entered. With its large crown and red cape.

Everyone cheered and raised their glasses for the king.
"Oh, isn't it nice to demonstrate his power?" Eugene whispered over to Lance.
"Yes, and I'm going ahead with it," he replied, and went to the bar.
Eugene just looked at him in confusion.

"Hey, everyone listened to me! Me and the king order your most expensive dish twice and of course the bill goes to the king because he is so rich. He also gives you all a beer!"

Eugene just looked annoyed at Lance.

When the day was over, they could go back to the castle. Before entering the hall, Eugene complained to Lance: "Lance you spent all the money I had with me! You can't do that ..."

When they opened the door, Adira suddenly stood there. "
"Hello Eugene."
"Adira?" Eugene asked confused and Lance quiked.

So a new journey started ...