Numb // Trillie

(part 2 of famous last words that no one wanted, but i made it not as sad)

Tw// mentions of a death.

"Tré, why's it so hard to move on? It's been over a month, I miss them so fucking bad," Billie said, curling tighter into a ball. He wasn't really feeling... a lot, just almost empty, but also sad. So sad, he was crying. Yet again. He felt like a cry baby for letting things get to him. Last time he felt this way, well, we don't speak of that.

"Billie, I promise, it's okay to be stuck. Mi-"

"Please don't, it hurts to hear at this point, I want to hug them so bad, tell them how much they meant to me," Billie said, reaching out for Gerald, his stuffed duck. He held the duck close, for comfort.

"Well, they said not to hold on too long, okay?"

"I know what they said, but it's not like I can just abandon what we once had."

"I know they were a great person, and you can't let go, and that's okay, I know how attached you were."

"Yeah..."

"What can I do to take your mind off of it? Play some music?"

"Please..."

Tré nodded and turned to Billie's CDs and chose Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park. Papercut started playing immediately.

Why does it feel like night today?

Billie relaxed a little, still holding the duck close. Both of them stayed quiet for some time, just letting Mike and Chester's voices fill the room. Billie took a deep breath and said, "You're the greatest best friend someone can ask for, y'know that, right?"

"Billie, I will always be here for you, okay? I'm not the greatest, I only just know you and how to make you feel better," Tré said back, looking up at Billie.

"Exactly, that's what makes you the greatest, you know how to make me feel better. No matter how sad I get, you're always there. It's like you're magic or some shit," Billie laughed a little at the end. Tré nodded and jokingly reached for Billie's duck.

"Heyy, don't touch my duck, he's too cuddly to let go," Billie said, with an angry frown. Tré smiled at his best friend.

"B, do you wanna get some ice cream?"

"...yeah, please. Just as long as you don't get the gross peanut butter one."

"You're only saying that because they don't have a lactose free one at The Baked Bear."

"It makes my stomach hurt if it isn't lactose free though," Billie pouted.

"Hah, yeah, yet you insist on having the school's milk with your cereal."

"Dry cereal is what psychopaths eat."

"Yeah, yeah, let's just go get the ice cream," Tré said, shaking his head slowly, with a smile.

"Yay," Billie cheered, standing up, forgetting what made him sad like 15 minutes ago.