Part 16

"Alright, my apartment is on the third floor so we'll take the elevator." I say as we head towards the front doors of my apartment complex. As we enter the lobby, Tom's face lights up with a small smile.

"It's so homey in here." He says simply as I start leading him towards the elevator. As I press the button, I look around the entrance of my home.

"That's why I chose to live here. Everyone is so kind and welcoming, I think you'll like it here." The doors open wide and as usual, no one walks out of them.

I put a gentle hand on Tom's back as I try and help him inside. "After you get all situated do you want to go get some coffee? I know a local café and I go there quite often. First name basis." I left out a soft laugh and Tom's smile widens.

"I'd love that." As we begin to make our way towards my apartment, I can't help but think how crazy this past week has been.

First I saved Tom Holland from a car crash, then I was came to keep him company in the hospital where I met a guy I thought liked me and turns out he really just wanted to play with my feelings.

Now, I'm good friends with a celebrity, though he has an easygoing way about him where he really just seems normal although we have to be careful of the press.

That man, Tom, is now going to be living with me for the next few weeks while he finishes his recovery and my heart beats faster and faster whenever I think about it.

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I forget to take out my key so I rummage through my purse to try and find them as my cheeks grow red with embarrassment.

Tom stifles in a laugh as he reaches a hand towards the outside of my purse where my key is dangling on it's lanyard. "Gosh I'm so stupid." My palm finds its way against my forehead as I let out a long sigh.

"It's been a long couple of days." Tom points out and I take a deep breath as my thoughts immediately jump to Philip.

"Yeah, it has." My voice cracks with emotion as I put the key in the knob, trying not to cry especially since this was a happy day for Tom where he could finally be out of the hospital.

I open my door and Tom's jaw drops at the sight. My parents helped pay for this apartment so it's pretty extravagant other than the fact it only has two rooms.

There is a stone fireplace in one corner, a gas fireplace that is, and there is one wall lined with wood to give it a cabin feel.

"It's getting a bit chilly around here, do you want me to put the fireplace on?" I ask and Tom simply nods as he's still astonished.

"Do you wanna see your room?" I ask and he turns around like a little kid and nods with excitement. "Come on then." I laugh as I nod towards the hallway.

Tom stumbles with his crutches through the wide space as we get to the guest room which is decorated the way my parents liked since this was where they would be staying because they're the only ones who visit me really.

The bed is covered with a woolen blanket and the cabin feel to the apartment is almost complete in this space.

"Well, there is a guest bathroom as well in here and the shower is pretty easy to get into for you so this seems to have worked out pretty well." He looks at me for a few seconds before he balances himself and sets his crutches down, opening his arms wide.

I smile as I come towards him and his arms wrap around me tightly. "Thank you. For everything." He whispers into my ear and a chill runs down my spine as I blush fiercely.

"It's the least I could do, Tom." I say thought a small laugh as we pull away from each other.

"I put all of your stuff in the closet for you so you don't have to worry about unpacking. Are you ready to head out?" I ask as my craving for a latte increases. He nods slowly as he picks his crutches back up.
~ ~ ~
Y/n's apartment is literally a dream of mine! I love woodsy and homey feelings in a home <3

Thank you guys again for reading, voting, and commenting!
~Aoife