Part 21

I can hear the soft click of Tom's crutches as he heads down the hallway to meet me in the small living room of my apartment.

I turn the tv off with a small smile as I get up from the couch. "You ready to go?" I ask as I try and keep my heartbeat at a normal pace after seeing his curly brown hair and chocolate eyes.

"Yep. Can't wait to buy some Colorado merch." He lets out a laugh, a warm and gentle laugh that makes my heart flutter at the sound.

"You'll definitely need some of that!" I join in on his laughter as I get my house keys.

"Are you going to be okay walking around for a little while?" All of a sudden it kicks in that he would have to stumble around town for a few hours with crutches, his arms destined to be sore.

"I'll be fine, stop worrying about me!" He gives me a small nudge, his usual smirk playing at the corners of his lips.

"It's my job to worry about you." I say with a small smile, my hand reaching towards the door knob. Tom chuckles under his breath as I can see him slightly shaking his head out of the corner of my eye.

"So where to first?" He asks with a playful look burning behind his eyes.

"Wanna get a small breakfast at the coffee shop? Anastasia should be working." I suggest and he nods with excitement, his growling stomach getting louder and louder.

A laugh escapes my lips as we turn down one corner to get to the shop, Tom resting against the wall to regain some energy as I order for us.

As I reach the register, I find my suspicions correct as Anastasia's eyes are wide as she nods towards Tom's who is looking out the window with a small smile.

"So? Anything happen?" She asks as she already knows what to put in for my order and making it double for Tom. I roll my eyes with a small laugh.

"Not much can happen, Anna, he's still injured so we haven't even really walked around until today. And we might have almost kissed, but we both pulled away." As I let out the last bit of information, my voice drops to a low whisper.

"What?!" She mouths as again she looks between Tom and I.

"It would be too complicated for us to be together." I say with a shake of my head.

"You're scared that it's all going to end like it did with James." Her voice is so confident that even if this was completely false, I would believe her.

"There's part of me that's scared of starting anything with anyone because of James, but then what happened with Philip...they both seemed normal and kind, sweet and charming. Tom is all of those things, he's one of my best friends, but he's also one of the most famous actors in the world. What would people think of him once they see he's with an ordinary, plain kindergarten teacher from Colorado? He'd be judged just by being seen with me." As I speak, I try to keep my voice down as it shakes with emotion.

Anastasia hands me the coffee and food soon after but she lingers so we can talk for just a bit longer.

"The way he looks at you, y/n, should be enough proof that he doesn't give a single damn about what others would think of you two. Don't shelter yourself off from the one man who has learned to care for you so much after you helped him to literally live again." I look into her eyes with a new sense of determination.

Tom does care about me, he said it himself that he wanted to kiss me and he's always been there for me. Even when he was in a hospital bed, he still wanted to hold onto me when I was at my worst.

"You're right. I'm gonna do something about it. Tonight maybe." I start thinking and I grab the food and drinks with a quick glance towards Tom who is still gazing out at people passing by.

"That's my girl! Go get em!" She whispers encouragingly and butterflies fill my stomach as he turns to face towards me.

"We can find a bench outside to go and eat at. There is one close by that has a nice view of the mountains." I point out as we begin to head out of the shop, Tom giving a small wave goodbye to Anna.

"That sounds lovely."
~ ~ ~
Well, let's see what y/n ends up doing about this situation ;)

Also, Anastasia is one of my favorite characters ever! Let me know who your favorite character is by commenting!

Please vote to show me that you're enjoying my story <3
~Aoife