•Chapter 1•

Jimin's P.O.V.:

"You can go back to your rooms", Eric says and he leaves the room. We just had dinner. All of us.

I'm not the only one living here. There are 5 other people here, kidnapped, just like me. "I don't want someone to buy me", I whisper to the others. They look up at me. "Maybe your buyer is going to be nice", Ella says.

"Don't give him hope", Ewan says back. "They are going to use us as a slave. People who buy us are rich and very lazy. We need to do everything for them", he continues and I look at him with big eyes.

"I think we can be happy if they don't ask sexual things", he says to end.

"Ewan! You're scaring the poor boy", Ella says and she looks at me with a guilty look.

"Don't think about it too much", she says to me and she goes with her hand over my back. I'm the youngest of them all. Ella is 19 just like Ewan.

"Let's just go to our rooms, we'll see tomorrow", Catrina says and everyone agrees.

I get up as last and follow the others upstairs. I go to my own room but I'm not alone for long because a few minutes later I hear someone knocking on my door.

I look up at the door. "Come in," I say and the door opens.

Ella comes in and smiles weakly when her eyes meet mine.

I'm sitting down on my bed and she takes place next to me on the bed. "Are you scared?", she asks and she pushes some hair away from my face.

I nod quickly and I hear her sigh softly. "It's not my first time. There was someone who brought me but I wasn't good enough for him. He was awful and I hated him. He bought me back here because he didn't want me anymore. I hope I will get a nicer one this time. I hope you get a nice one from the first time", she says and she goes with her hand over my cheek.

"What if all buyers are awful?", I ask and I feel myself shaking. I lived in this house for so long. Eric is not okay but he could be worse. What if I get someone worse?

"Not all buyers are bad. It's a risk", she answers and I look at her with big eyes.

"I don't want to take a risk! Can't I just stay here? With Eric?", I ask and she shakes her head slowly. "You know that isn't possible. Jimin, maybe you have a buyer who is really good for you!", she says and she tries to calm me down but I know that most buyers are just awful.

Suddenly the door opens and Eric is standing in the doorway. "Ella, go to your room please. Everyone has to sleep early tonight. Tomorrow is the big day", he says and Ella gets up from my bed to walk to her own room. Eric comes in and closes the door behind me.

That scares me. A lot. He never abused me before but it's still possible. Maybe he does it now because we're gone tomorrow. Maybe he's gay or bi or something else.

Well I think he is straight. Every time that we heard him having sex with someone it was a woman who came out of his room afterwards. But still. I'm still scared.

"Jimin you are my best person. I think a lot of people are going to try to buy you. I can get a lot of money out of you." He starts and I get scared. I don't want anyone to buy me.

I don't want a pedophile to own me. I look away from him and look down. I look at my hands. I don't know what to say right now. What does he expects me to say?

"You need to look perfect tomorrow. Maybe they give even more money for you if you look prettier than normal", he continues and I keep looking at my hands, pushing my fingers against each other.

"You are going to be perfect tomor-", he starts but I stop him. "Can I ask you why you are telling me this?" I ask carefully. I'm not mad. I'm never mad. I'm never disobeying.

"Sir." I continue. I always have to call him sir. That's important.

"I'm telling you this because you need to wear this tomorrow", he says and he gives me a little bag.

"You can look at it. It's the last present you will get from me. Wear it tomorrow.", he says and he turns around again to walk out of my room.

I sigh slightly when the door closes again. It's my last night here in this house.

I lived here for years. For 5 years to be exact. Maybe it's weird but this house feels like home. I never really liked my room though. We were never allowed to change something about our room.

Our rooms are going to be for someone else after he sold us. We leave our rooms, we leave this house and other kids are going to live here. New kids. It's so sad for them. They are going to have the same future as me. As us.

I hope I can change my room at my new owner's house. I want my room to be more like me. I want baby pink walls, lights around my bed, and pictures on the wall. Not pictures of me. They don't exist. There are no pictures of me. I just always wanted an instax camera but I don't get the change to buy something for myself.

Eric buys everything we need. You can always ask something you want but the chance that you get it isn't that big. I would put the pictures that I take on the walls of my room. There are so many times that I see something beautiful where I want to take a picture of but I don't have a camera. It's sad.

I shake my head slightly and look at the little bag between my legs. I open it and look inside. It's something blue. I put my hand in the bag and feel something made of fake leather. I pull it out of the bag.

He knows I like things like this

He knows I like things like this. I like the blue color and I like the pins on it because that makes it so special.

I nod with a little smile on my face and put it back into the bag. I would like to wear it tomorrow. I still don't want to get a new owner though but it's going to happen anyway. I don't think anyone who lives here wants a new owner. No one even wants to be here in this house. We don't belong here.

We are humans. You can't buy us.

But I can't leave.

It's my destiny.

•••

Thank you so much for reading this book!
Follow my account for more💖