Chapter 1011

The Eunuch Is Unable to Leave the Emperor

Feng Yuheng suddenly realized that the “master” these two people were talking about was very likely to be Zhang Yuan. Xuan Tianming had told her about how Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu had pushed the Emperor to have Zhang Yuan beaten and have him sent to the department of guilty servants. Thinking about it, it should not yet be time for him to be sent to the department of guilty servants. Hearing the conversation between those two, it seemed that Zhang Yuan’s injuries were a little worrisome.

She glanced in the direction of Cun Shan Palace then suppressed the anger that still lingered in her heart from Zhang Ning Palace. Turning around, she headed toward the eunuch’s quarters near Zhao He Hall where Zhang Yuan was living.

Forget it, either way, it was not possible for these days to be peaceful. She might as well come to investigate Cun Shan Palace the following night! If the injuries to Zhang Yuan really were that dire, since she had heard about it, she could not just ignore it. Moreover, Zhang Yuan had previously always been at the Emperor’s side. She also wanted to personally ask Zhang Yuan about the Emperor’s situation.

There was a special place to the west of Zhao He Hall that was specifically provided for the eunuchs who served Zhao He Hall. Previously, Zhang Yuan would always live in the largest room of that residence, and all of the furnishings were gifts granted by the Emperor. Although it was just a eunuch’s room, it was rather magnificent. While it did not have everything that Zhao He Hall had, it was roughly half as luxurious. But when Feng Yuheng arrived, she found that this room was empty. She searched the entire room and could not find any trace of Zhang Yuan.

Her thoughts raced, as she recalled that Xuan Tianming had said that Emperor had changed his personal eunuch and that Zhang Yuan had been punished. Thinking about it, this room must have changed owners, right?

Thus she hastily left the room and searched the yard. In the end, she targeted the firewood storage shed.

The door to the shed was slightly closed. When she drew closer, she heard a quiet sound. It was a pained and very weak sound. She could tell that it was Zhang Yuan. At the same time, before she entered, she was able to ascertain that there was nobody else inside aside from Zhang Yuan. It was only after determining this that she pushed the door and entered, closing the door behind her.

At this moment, Zhang Yuan was laying on a pile of firewood. His hair was a mess, and he looked to be in a horrible condition. When Feng Yuheng entered the shed, she did not make any movements to hide. The person laying down heard some movement and thought that the two disciples had returned from going to look for an imperial physician, thus he weakly asked: “How was it? Was anyone willing to come and take a look at my injuries?” After asking this, he waited for a long time but never received a response. He then sighed to himself and said: “I already said it. It definitely won’t happen. The situation now is not like it was in the past. Given the situation in the palace, if the imperial physicians are smart at all, they will not go against His Majesty’s wishes. Moreover, there’s also Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu and the eighth prince keeping an eye on things. Who would dare to come and treat my injuries? You two can go back. There’s no need to worry about me. If you’re seen by someone coming to see me, I fear that you’ll also be beaten. Go, go, just act as if you don’t have me as your master. Don’t get implicated.” He said all of this in one go and ended up a little tired. He just lay on the pile of firewood and breathed heavily.

Feng Yuheng helplessly shook her head and took a few steps forward. Sitting at his side, she said: “While you’re able to be considerate of others, who knows how the palace will handle it if you die from the pain.”