Chapter 1061

Please don't forget to vote and follow fellas💖

12 chaps to go
-ladywithoutmercy💋

The Gu Master’s Ambitions

Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui got a huge fright and could not stay any longer in this Sheng Palace, escaping in a flurry. When she was running away, she could still her Xuan Tianmo’s heartrending shouts, causing her a great deal of grief.

In the end, that was her son! And it was her only son for so many years! She used to treat this son as her only hope in life, used to entrust her biggest hopes and fantasies on this son, used to love this son so much. But with things as they are now, she had a goal she had to complete, a path she had to walk, she finally understood that she would not be restricted by others any longer. If she wanted to sit on the highest position, she could only depend on herself. Therefore, no matter what, she could not lose. If Xuan Tianmo could not make it one day, she would have to help up someone who could.

Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui left Sheng Palace, sitting on the imperial carriage to return to the palace, but as she adjusted her emotions with much difficulty and came to the front of Zhao He Hall to report good news and not bad news to the Emperor, the Eunuch who went in to pass on the message came out and spoke in a troubled tone: “Imperial Concubine Gui, His Majesty is strange today and is actually stubbornly refusing to meet you, even saying that you should return to your own palace courtyard and not come over for the next few days.”

“What?” Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui suspected that something was wrong with her ears, “His Majesty will not meet This One? How is that possible?”

The Eunuch passing on the message was also very puzzled. Logically, Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui was favoured now and the Emperor was docile towards her, how was it possible for him not to meet her? But the Emperor clearly said not to meet, this caused him to be very troubled.

At this moment, Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui’s voice was heard, she asked: “When This One was around today, where did His Majesty go? Who did he meet?”

That Eunuch replied: “After Your Highness left, His Majesty said he wanted to take a walk out, We Servants followed along but he only walked around the gardens. He did see Her Highness the Empress and the past Eunuch Yuan. They exchanged a few sentences, then Her Highness the Empress took Eunuch Yuan away. After that, His Majesty did not allow Us Servants to follow him and wanted to walk around on his own, We Servants did not dare to follow. After that, it was said that…… it was said that His Majesty walked to Winter Moon Palace without realising it and even knocked on the door, just that the people inside Winter Moon Palace did not allow His Majesty to enter.”

“You said His Majesty went to Winter Moon Palace?” Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui felt a chill rise up in her heart and started to panic. She did not ask any longer, turning around to leave Zhao He Hall, returning to Cun Shan Palace with her servants.

After returning to Cun Shan Palace and dismissing everyone to leave the main hall area, she entered that secret room and met the Gu Master, her first sentence being a direct question: “What do we do? The old man went to Winter Moon Palace and likely remembered something, he does not want to meet me now, I was stopped outside when I went to Zhao He Hall.”

Seeing Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui, the Gu Master was eager to approach her and make physical contact, but there was something preoccupying Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui today and she was not very cooperative, he did not get what he wanted after manhandling her a few times. That person had no choice but to stop and tell her: “The old Emperor has a stubborn temperament and would always have times where he is a bit inflexible. But do not worry, he is unable to stay away from you now! I guarantee it.”