Chapter 1044

Please make me smile by clicking that starat the bottom of your screen😊
-ladywithoutmercy💋

Inflated Yuan Shu

She wanted to say: “Could it be abolishing the Empress and re-instating a new one?” But the Empress was still here after all, and it was not a good thing to say, so she could only speak halfway and swallow the rest.

At this time, everyone had already followed the Empress’ lead to greet and kowtow to the Emperor, and Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu was sitting there, naturally enjoying these greetings together with the Emperor. Her head was lifted slightly, completely not hiding her arrogant air and insolence.

At the beginning, Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu was quite good at acting, acting sensible, acting kind, acting virtuous. But today, her increasingly inflated heart could no longer be hidden, especially since after what that person in the bathroom did last night, the Emperor reverted to his state when he was being strictly controlled. This caused her to fill up with confidence again. In her opinion, the Emperor was already fully controlled by her, no mater how the others struggled, the old Emperor could not escape from the palm of her hand.

In addition, it was the first day of New Year today, for this kind of event, though she would attend every year in the past, she would always be mixed in with the crowd of concubines. In addition, concubines like them were just decorations to the Emperor, so even if she came every year, it was like she was only passing by, she was completely unnoticed.

But it was different this year, the Emperor proactively pulled her over to sit at his side, this seat was only exclusive to the Empress in the past. In the end, she was a woman, she was vain, with this temptation of power, she could no longer resist and sat on it with almost no protest. Then until now, the Empress was giving her greetings, but she did not stand up but looked down at everyone from above, thinking that one of these days, these people would have to submit to her.

Other than Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu’s position, the Eighth Prince’s seat was also changed. In the past, the princes sat in order, from the First Prince to the Ninth Prince, they sat in a line. Because Da Shun did not elect a crown prince, that seat meant for the crown prince had always been empty, with no one sitting there.

But this year, under the signal the Emperor made in front of everyone, the Eighth Prince Xuan Tianmo walked out from the group of princes and sat down on the treasured seat belonging to the crown prince in an impressive manner. The seat which had been empty for many years was finally filed. Though the Emperor did not clearly state that he was going to elect the Eighth Prince as crown prince, but this action was too obvious. The ministers were not stupid, who would not understand these things? Therefore, the Eighth Prince’s faction swelled up, all of them glowed and smiled widely. The people on Xuan Tianming’s side were frowning instead, thinking to themselves why the Emperor had changed so much? However, no one had thoughts of changing sides, and no one suspected if the Ninth Prince did anything to lose the Emperor’s favour. In their hearts, they only believed in Xuan Tianming and always thought that Xuan Tianming was the only one who was suited to take over the Emperor. This was because of Xuan Tianming’s ability and the fact that he had an amazing Feng Yuheng behind him as his wife. It had nothing to do with Imperial Concubine Yun.

It could be said that the loyalty of the Ninth Prince’s faction was very high. The Eighth Prince’s action was very far behind with regards to this, but at this kind of time, the Ninth Prince’s faction did not fall apart just like when the Eighth Prince was in trouble, but became more united, trying to find the reasons for why the Emperor changed like this.