Chapter 1032

Please make me smile by clicking that star at the bottom of your screen :)
-lady with out mercy💋

New Year’s Eve

A few days passed quickly and in a blink of an eye, it was New Year’s Eve of the 25th year of the Tianwu era.

Because Imperial Concubine Yun was living at Chun Palace, Xuan Tianming’s side took his whole family to Chun Palace to celebrate the New Year. In reality, ‘whole family’ referred to just him and Feng Yuheng. At most, they would be bringing their own attendant Baize and maids Wang Chuan and Huang Quan. Originally, Feng Yuheng would bring Xiangrong along, but since Xiangrong was already living at Chun Palace, there was no one else she could bring. And during the last morning court session of the old year, Xuan Tianming suggested having Zirui leave the palace to spend the New Year, but the Emperor rejected it. Using the reason of “We really like that child”, he forcefully kept Feng Zirui in the Imperial Palace.

Feng Yuheng did not say much about this, after all she was unable to control many things. At least right now in Da Shun’s court, the Emperor’s words were still final. If the Emperor wanted to keep one person in the Imperial Palace, other than stealing, how else could she bring a person out? The good thing was that Xuan Tianming and Xuan Tianhua had arranged people in the Imperial Palace to watch him, so she did not need to be overly worried.

The group sat in the imperial carriage, driving through the snow which accumulated last night to head to Chun Palace. At this moment, at the gates of the Chun Palace, the Fourth Prince Xuan Tianyi left the palace personally, rushing over there to bring Xiangrong to his palace to celebrate the New Year.

Xiangrong stood in front of the gates of Chun Palace. A maid was holding an umbrella over her head. She was wearing a pure white cape with a fluffy collar and hood, making her small face look even more clean and fresh, with a vague resemblance to Xuan Tianhua when he was wearing white.

Xuan Tianyi did not like seeing this and said while frowning: “This colour does not suit you, why is a young girl like you wearing white for? Are you showing filial piety?”

Xiangrong ignored his words and only said flatly: “Go back, I will not spend my New Year at Ping Palace. The relationship between us is just master and student, I have never heard of a master going to the student’s place to celebrate the New Year. In addition, you are a prince, this is against the rules.”

“Old Seventh is still a prince!” Xuan Tianyi angrily pointed towards this Chun Palace and shouted: “Old Seventh is also a prince, how about that? You celebrating New Year at his house would be following the rules?”

Xiangrong explained as well: “That is because the relationship between the Seventh Prince and the Ninth Prince is closer. And I am the sister of the Ninth Princess. I am staying here to wait for my older sister to come over and celebrate New Year together. If you do not believe me, then wait for a while more at this palace gate. I believe that the Ninth Prince and my Second Sister are almost here.”

“You said that the both of them are also coming here for New Year?” Xuan Tianyi did not really understand, “It’s their first year as newlyweds, why are they coming here to join the festivities instead of properly enjoying their time with each other at home?”