Chapter 1021

How Did Everyone End Up Liking Me?

The palace maid could see the look of suspicion in Zirui’s eyes, and she could not help but laugh, “Princess Yu’s younger brother sure is much more cautious than the other youths of your age. Right before coming, Her Highness said that using His Highness Prince Feiyu’s name might deal with the problem for a moment, but it will definitely be seen through later on. Who knew that the young master would begin to suspect things so quickly.”

Feng Zirui was stunned, and a flash of light exploded in his eyes: “Sure enough, you’re not one of Feiyu’s people! Who is your master? What is your goal in using Feiyu’s name?”

The palace maid quickly explained: “Young master Feng, do not panic and listen to this servant speak. Although this servant is not one of His Highness Prince Feiyu’s people, it cannot be said that this servant is completely unrelated to His Highness. In truth, this servant was sent over by Her Highness Imperial Concubine Shi De to take care of young master. The reason that Her Highness Imperial Concubine De would take care of young master is that Princess Yu went to ask His Highness the second prince for help.”

Hearing her say this, Zirui was startled. He then thought to himself for a long time before saying: “I know of Imperial Concubine Shi De. She’s the second prince’s birth mother and Feiyu’s grandmother.” After saying this, he saw the palace maid nod. Only then did he relax a little and finally adjusted his mood, saying: “Then we are on the same side.”

The palace maid nodded, “Yes, we are on the same side.” After saying this, she advised Zirui: “Young master can rest a little longer. Even if morning court was dismissed, His Majesty will need to tend to official matters until midday. He will not send an invitation over to this side.”

Zirui shook his head and advised her: “Hey big sis, you should rest a little. You’ve stood guard for an entire night and must be very sleepy.”

“This servant is fine. Seeing that young master was sleeping soundly at dawn, this servant also took a brief rest in the hall. These days, the palace has not been very peaceful. Right before coming, Her Highness Imperial Concubine De specifically instructed this servant to remain alert. Regardless of whether it’s day or night, my guard must not be lowered.”

Zirui nodded and agreed with what she said.

During the morning court session in Heavenly Hall, the eighth prince, who had taken a day off due to illness, finally appeared. The Emperor ignored the officials and focused his concern on the eighth prince’s condition. Aside from showing immediate concern, he also rewarded him with a number of nice things, giving him things like money and quality medicines. It seemed as though he regretted that he could not just empty the national treasury. For just a moment, even Xuan Tianming felt an urge to have Feng Yuheng rob the national treasury. All of those nice things must not fall into that criminal old eighth’s den.

The Emperor’s concern for the eighth prince made the eighth prince’s faction very happy, as they all felt that they enjoyed quite a bit of the glory. They felt that they had made the right decision this time around. The eighth prince would definitely be able to succeed the throne. As for those people who had always been following the eighth prince, they also let out a sigh of relief, thinking to themselves that the eighth prince had really found a good idea. Even with the Emperor favoring the ninth prince to heavily back then, he had managed to turn the situation around. This person definitely had some ability to stabilize the country.