Chapter 1040

Please make me smile by clicking that star⭐ at the bottom of your screen😊
-ladywithoutmercy💋

Worshipped As A Deity, Slander Is Not Tolerated

For the type of event that is the imperial banquet, Feng Yuheng participated in too many. To the point that when she was implicated by Feng Chenyu and Feng Zihao in Feng manor, the Emperor even specially organised an imperial banquet just for her to get over the shock. Some bad incident would occur at every imperial banquet, but as a whole, it was not to the point that she hated imperial banquets.

But it was different this time! The dislike Feng Yuheng had for this imperial banquet had already reached a certain point, especially when she thought that the Emperor would announce Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu as Imperial Concubine Gui during the imperial banquet, and that there would immediately be a group of people from the Eight Prince's faction trying to curry favour, she would feel irritated.

It was not jealously, if the Emperor was a "normal" Emperor, if he had always been treating the harem equally when showing favour, this matter would not be considered much. But the problem was that the Emperor was not that kind of emperor, and the one who had always been at this side, and in his heart, was not Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu. In addition, even though she knew that the old Emperor was controlled, until now, she had been unable to yield any results from her investigation. This series of matters caused Feng Yuheng to get a headache and start to feel repulsed about this imperial banquet.

But even though she was repulsed by it, she still needed to go, at least she still needed to grab hold of this opportunity to see the Emperor openly, and not sneak around in the middle of the night to see a sexual scene. She still had to see how much fuss the old Emperor could cause, with this reflecting the degree of control over the Emperor.

She did not have positive feelings about the imperial banquet and did not put in effort in her clothes and makeup. The good thing was that she was Princess Yu now and owned clothes fitting for royalty. Madam Zhou had already prepared everything for her and she did not have to spend much effort dressing up. It was just that Madam Zhou told her: "This is the first time you are attending the imperial banquet as a princess, and a number of people will likely be watching you. Princess should be more careful in the palace."

Feng Yuheng thought for a while, then shook her head saying: "If the situation was that of before, perhaps I will get a lot of attention. But it will probably be different this year, the attention of most people will not be on me."

Today, Madam Zhou personally helped with her hair. It was said to be a hairstyle made for a princess and Wang Chuan and Huang Quan were learning from the side. Hearing Feng Yuheng say this, Madam Zhou's hands which were styling her hair paused. This was immediately followed by a sigh, then she spoke: "That is true, the good days have become like this and we do not know what happened with the Emperor. Either way, Princess should be careful about everything after entering the palace. For some matters, if you can handle it, then do so. If you cannot, then just hide, there is no need to get involved in everything."

Feng Yuheng knew that Madam Zhou was saying this for her well-being. Feeling grateful, she nodded: "Don't worry, I understand."

Princess Yu's clothes were a purple which matched Xuan Tianming very well, just that in the detailing, there was a lot of lace and gold and silver threads befitting for a girl. When she stood with Xuan Tianming, it looked just like a set of couple attire, causing all the servants in Yu Palace to feel envious, exclaiming that they were a perfect, good looking couple.