Chapter 1013

Hostage

Intuition told Wang Chuan that this group of soldiers led by the eunuch was coming towards them. She very professionally stepped forward to shield Miao shi and Zirui. Even the servant, Ying Cao, was protected.

This movement was one that Feng Yuheng was very familiar with. The joy from Zirui’s return was quickly dampened. She turned around and followed Wang Chuan’s gaze. There, she saw a group of people arrive before her, as the eunuch at the front saluted her, saying: “This servant, Wu Ying, pays respects to Princess Yu.” His tone was very strange, and he deliberately made it sound even stranger. It was as though he was announcing his identity. His voice was quite loud, and it caused quite a few of the citizens in the streets to look over.

“Wu Ying?” Feng Yuheng looked at him and saw that this eunuch’s clothes were a little different from the usual brown clothes that other eunuchs in the palace wore. Instead, it was a dark red color. It was the same as the clothes that Zhang Yuan had worn previously. She finally understood. It was most likely that this Wu Ying was the one that had taken Zhang Yuan’s place at the Emperor’s side. She gently said: “Did eunuch Wu come looking for this princess for something?”

Eunuch Wu Ying smiled back at her; however, that smile was purely on the surface. No matter how one looked at it, it looked very fake. He then bowed to Feng Yuheng before saying: “Replying to princess, this servant did not come looking for princess. Instead, His Majesty wanted to see the Feng family’s young master.”

“Hm?” Feng Yuheng was stunned, “Father Emperor wishes to see Zirui?”

“That’s correct.” Wu Ying said: “His Majesty heard that the Feng family’s young master would be arriving in the capital today from Xiao Zhou, and His Majesty specifically instructed this servant to come out to pick him up. His Majesty said that the Feng family’s young master can be considered his junior disciple brother. His junior disciple brother has returned to the capital. As the senior disciple, he felt that he should meet him. Moreover, His Majesty has not seen his master, Ye Rong, in many years and really wants to ask the Feng family’s young master about their master’s condition. I hope that princess will not get in the way.”

Get in the way? She did want to stop it, but could she? It was the Emperor who wanted to see Zirui, and he had given a reason that left people with no room to refuse. No matter what, it seemed that Zirui would need to go into the Imperial Palace. There were even some people passing by who were unaware of the actual situation and felt envious of Zirui’s fortune. They praised him for being able to become the Emperor’s junior disciple brother at such a young age. His future would be boundless!

However, Feng Yuheng did not feel that this was a good thing. If this had happened in the past, the Emperor being fond of Zirui and inviting him into the palace was indeed a thing to rejoice over. Because the Emperor had a good personality, he took very good care of the people that he favored, especially Zirui. The old emperor really did dote on him as a junior disciple brother. Whenever something good happened, he would think of him. But could the Emperor, as he currently was, still be the same as he was in the past? Aside from the outer shell, she could not even say that he was truly the same person. His thoughts had been controlled by someone else, and his actions were controlled by someone else. It was all controlled by someone else. Then calling Zirui into the palace this time, what would it be for?

A chill filled Feng Yuheng’s heart, as she felt that there was something at play here. It was the eighth prince and Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu who were wanting to bring Zirui into the palace to act as a hostage to threaten her.