Chapter 1024

This is the last release of springrain.  From now on , I love to demand and be flooded of votes to inspire me to update
- ladywithoutmercy💋

I, Feng Yuheng, Will Personally Deliver Your Retribution!

In truth, none of the members of the imperial harem were ugly. After all, these were all people who had been selected to enter the palace. Their looks were all very good. But this sort of beauty was dependent on who was being compared. Compared to Feng Zhaolian’s face, the difference was far too great. Describing it as being the difference between heaven and earth really was not enough. Feng Zhaolian could scarcely be blamed for saying such a mean thing. These three could not even muster a single word of argument.

The Empress coldly looked at the group then glanced into the water. It was only after seeing the eunuch appear at the side of the pond with Zirui in tow that she felt a little more at ease. She then looked down at Concubine Mei and coldly asked: “Who was it that gave you the right play tricks on a guest invited into the Imperial Palace by His Majesty? Did you know that this child is Princess Yu’s younger brother? That’s a relative of the imperial family. Where exactly did you find the courage?”

Concubine Xiang and Noble Lady Liu did not dare make a sound, but Concubine Mei was a little bolder, saying: “It was the Feng family’s young master who willingly went in to look for it. It was not this concubine’s group who vilely tricked him. I hope that Your Highness will investigate this clearly.”

“It’s clearly…” Yue Rong only said half of her sentence then looked at Concubine Mei. She suddenly remembered what had just been said to her by Her Highness Imperial Concubine De before coming over. Right now, the Imperial Palace was under the eighth prince’s control, and the inner palace was under Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu’s control. She had to remember to try and avoid them. If she could not avoid them, she should try to stay in their good graces. She must not oppose them. That would cause harm to the Feng family’s young master. Yue Rong thought of this and suddenly changed her tune. Lowering her voice, she said to the Empress: “It was young master Feng who was kind, taking the initiative to go and help Noble Lady Qi look for the hairpin. Who knows if he found it or not.”

The Empress looked at Yue Rong but did not find this unexpected. She no longer continued to speak with Concubine Mei’s group and walked over to Zirui, who had been brought out of the water. At the same time, she ordered her servants: “Call an imperial physician to Jing Ci Palace and call a sedan over. Send the Feng family’s young master to Jing Ci Palace.” After saying this, she leaned over and pulled a hairpin out of Feng Zirui’s hand. Looking at it for a while, she said: “It does look quite good, and this One will be keeping it. If there’s nothing else, you can go back. It’s a cold day, and there’s not much to see in the garden.”

After saying this, she turned around and left. Feng Zhaolian immediately stepped forward and picked up Zirui. Increasing his pace, he followed the Empress out to quickly meet up with the sedan that had come.

As for Concubine Mei’s group was left in a daze, loudly shouted: “Noble Lady Qi is still in the pond!”

However, nobody would pay any attention to them. It seemed as though there was never an appearance from Noble Lady Qi. The Empress’ group very quickly left the garden, getting further and further away. Their group was left to stare at the surface of the pond, and they saw that no more air was coming from Noble Lady Qi.